Amcrest AD110 Doorbell Night Mode Issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest AD110 Doorbell Night Mode Issue

Post by amcrest168 »

yes you can now safely turn off night vision after the firmware update. just follow this thread, https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 13942.html
roachslayer

Post by roachslayer »

@amcrest168 Why would I want night vision turned off? Why can't I have it on, and have it NOT cycle like this???

BTW, not only does it constantly cycle at night, but it constantly crashes, reboots, and re-joins the network (yelling at the neighborhood "successfully connected to network" every 5 minutes, all night!). No such issue when IR is not enabled - no reboot all day. This is so, so dumb. Why cant we have a proper working night mode?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @roachslayer and welcome to the forum. reboots at night would suggest your doorbell may not be getting enough current. are you using a 16v 30va transformer?
roachslayer

Post by roachslayer »

@amcrest168 I have a Broan 978. It is 16v but doesn't specify VA on the device (lame). But looking at the spec sheet, it looks like they make a 10VA and a 30VA, and the 10 is more common. So... that may be my prob. Thanks for the tip.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @roachslayer, yes 10va is the most common doorbell transformer to power a regular push button doorbell. push button doorbells are wired in the open position but smart doorbells require constant power hence they are wired in the closed position for the doorbell to operate. night vision simply draws more wattage at night hence 30va will be able to supply another 20 watts to the doorbell's night vision. if the distance between the transformer and the doorbell is too far, one may even need a 48va transformer to compensate for the voltage drop due to higher resistance.
Dingdongditch

Post by Dingdongditch »

My doorbell has the "successfully connected to network" problem
I had already upgraded my transformer, 16V, 30VA ( amazon .com/gp/product/B07HKQ4GC3 )
Setting Nite Vision to "Off" with the phone app lasts for awhile, but reverted to Auto by itself

I wish there was a way to get rid of the "successfully connected to network" jingle because my whole neighborhood probably heard it by now.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Please confirm that it is only a night time issue?

Also please note if your Transformer is working on a Doorbell system not just the camera and your doorbell is a 20va Required Transformer then a 30va transformer isn't going to be large enough...

Things to note.. Wire size and quality of wire matters when over distance and even short distance when powering something more then just a little 10va or 20va doorbell. Adding camera in place of button may need better wiring that what would normally power a doorbell that only gets a very fast press of the button of juice of power through the wires.. However you put a Doorbell camera on them wires if they are undersized could cause damage or power issues

This issue might not be at day time because the power is lower then at night MORE power needs larger current less power over distance..
Be Safe.
Dingdongditch

Post by Dingdongditch »

The issue is at night when the night vision is set to Auto, "successfully connected to network"
The issue does not exist when Night vision is set to Off

The camera for some reason is re-enabling night mode after a couple of weeks, and then I am required to go back into the app and turn Night mode off again.
The Night mode setting is not sticking for some reason, causing the doorbell to randomly shout "successfully connected to network" throughout the night.

I wonder what is the cause for night mode setting toggling back to Auto on its own
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well sadly there is a Reboot that happens every week on Tue at 2am.. That is in the software.. So another thing that seems to be in the software when the camera disconnects and reconnects either by weekly reboot or if connection to power is lost the system comes back online with Auto back up.. So i am thinking this might be an issue that is set for ones that might have IR on if it was on it might pull the power down and not let the camera Reboot so they have it set to auto by boot default..
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 9-s50.html
Page 5 and 6 they talk about setting over a API code the setting to manual and 95 from what it sounds and what I have just done some testing on one of mine is that the IR when on at night does a Smart mode and changes the brightness from 1-100 and it seems that the ones that have issues happens when they set the manual to 100 the system reboots.. So while it can be a pain there are way to setup a Command that could every week set the IR to manual and 95.. There would be a script that one could build or if someone has a Smart home system kind of setup or you could just make the manual adjustment to see if that will keep your system from rebooting by over heating or what ever might be happening that is causing it to keep going off when IR is on.. So it can be Risky to run anything outside the Smart Home app.. Personally I would just make a habit of turning off the IR if you don't need them every tues day after the 2am reboot...
Be Safe.
roachslayer

Post by roachslayer »

Such crap. I upgraded from 16v 10VA to a 16v 30VA and it still crashes and reboots/reconnects every 5 minutes all night long. "successfully connected to -" SHUT UP! So, so lame.

I refuse to buy a Ring. Amcrest, fix this crap.