Amcrest 5MP IP Camera Smart /IVS stopped working

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MShawn

Amcrest 5MP IP Camera Smart /IVS stopped working

Post by MShawn »

Hi, I have activated smart vehicle and smart motion detection as well as IVS. I am able to set up everything logging in through my computer. I had an issue one day where my Amcrest camera went offline and when I reset the DVR I was unable to get the IVS or Smart Motion detection to work again. If I turn on the regular motion detection it works with no problem. Just the extra features. I've powered down the camera, and I have also reset my DVR and updated my Amcrest pro app. My last resort is to factory reset the camera. Any suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest 5MP IP Camera Smart /IVS stopped working

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

Not sure what Recorder you are using, Talking about AI camera that is IP and a DVR so I am not sure if you mean NVR..

Either way if it was a NVR and you reset it and then setup the camera again to the NVR the Rules should have taken hold. However there might be a step that your NVR requires as again I don't know what model your using so I only know how mine works. I have the 4216E-AI NVR and another Dahua 16ch AI NVR.. I also have a AI DVR 7108-AI. Only thing is that DVR don't require setting up AI camera you just use the DVR to setup AI rules..

It might be that what ever model you are using, Requires you use click on the Main Menu, Event, Smart Feature, Click on the IVS to setup for that cameras Channel and it would pull it in. Again I don't know just how it would work on a DVR and how one has to turn on IVS within a Camera as well. Once the Smart Plan is setup to IVS it would then work. What is odd it also sounds like that the rules don't even show up in screen from the way you wrote your post. So I know that even my non AI 4108E-HS and 4116E-HS will show up rules even though I can't access them in the events tab but the rules would be online if I have them setup in the camera connected to the NVR..
Be Safe.
MShawn

Post by MShawn »

Thank you for your response. I have the Amcrest AMDV8M8-H5 TVI DVR, and I purchased the Amcrest 5mp Night Color AI Turret IP PoE and have it connected to a POE injector and after I wrote this I've noticed something. I have the amcrest pro app on my IPAD and my Android cellphone. I hardly use my ipad and when I checked it last night it was receiving all the smart notifications. So it is working, but on my android it isn't showing up. I've removed the app and tried to reinstall it and it and tried activating the smart human/vehicle detection but doesn't notify, still when I activate motion, I get notifications. Any suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok thank you for clearing that up..

So the 8M8-H5 like my 8M16-HS is able to run IP cameras on top of the normal Analog cameras they were designed for. However the 8M8-H5 isn't an AI DVR and if you wanted to connect your AI IP camera with a AI recorder you will need to use something like the 41xx-A2, 42xx-AI, 44xx-AI NVR's.. Even my 7108-AI DVR will not work in AI format if I connect a AI camera to the DVR. So for my AI Ip cameras I use the 4216E-AI NVR and another Dahua AI NVR..

So if you want to get access to your footage in AI then you would need to use a Micro SD card, and then use the Amcrest View Pro app with your camera direct to get Push notices from your camera.
Be Safe.
MShawn

Post by MShawn »

Thank you for the helpful information. I actually do have a Micro SD card 256mb in the camera and use the amcrest pro app. I am going to order the NVR you mentioned. I appreciate the help! Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome, So here is a couple of pictures of what a Camera needs to do to make sure that you are recording your IVS..

In the first picture you will need to under Event, go to Smart Plan and choose the light bulb for IVS

Then in the second picture this just shows 1 of the 3 rules and need to make sure they are setup to record for the event. If you only want snapshots then that works as well. Just keep in mind that my systems that I have setup for Snapshots and not recording is when I have them full time recording on my NVR or DVR already using the Lower 704x480 Sub Channel format. Also have them setup to record this way for full time Audio so I don't miss something that isn't in the event rules. For my AI Cameras I turn off Motion for the most part..
Screenshot (4702).png
Screenshot (4702).png (131.5 KiB) Viewed 1549 times
Screenshot (4703).png
Screenshot (4703).png (347.21 KiB) Viewed 1549 times
Be Safe.