Amcrest 1080P WiFi IP Security Camera not connecting to app

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Shelly

Amcrest 1080P WiFi IP Security Camera not connecting to app

Post by Shelly »

I bought Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera - 1080P (1920TVL), IP2M-841 camera on Amazon. I got it set up using the Desktop method since I have dual band router. Amcrest IP config worked fine as well.

I tried to add this camera to Amcrest View Lite and Pro on my iphone. The only it will work is thru ip/domain. However when I switched my phone connection to 4G from wifi. It gave me "Falled to connect" or "login timed out" error. I am be able to watch videos on youtube using my 4G network. I am not sure why the camera did not work. Can anyone help with it? Thank you.
mpillai

Re: Amcrest 1080P WiFi IP Security Camera not connecting to

Post by mpillai »

Set up/Add the camera using the p2p (and serial number) into the view lite/pro app. And you should be good on 4G.
soblest

Post by soblest »

I am getting the same "login timed out" error message while using the Pro app on my Samsung phone. Mainly while connected to 3G networks or wifi networks away from home. However, sometimes even while connected to wifi network at home. I setup the cameras (1080P wifi) using the serial numbers method. Didn't change anything. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. I'd be very interested if anyone has found a solution for this. I'm dangerously close to requesting a refund for all three of these cameras. I feel like this is just a matter of a setting on my end but these forums have not produced a working suggested solution yet. :( Thanks for any help.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
One reason why you are facing issues with the app while on 3G or Wifi could be the slow connection. If the wifi or 3g signal strength is not good enough, then it might fail to load. We have had some changes in our P2p servers recently so it would be best to reboot all your cameras once(unplug from power and plug it back in a few seconds). If you are having repeated issue with the App after using the P2p set up method, I would suggest you try the IP/Domain method. For this, you need to set up port forwarding and then use the IP/domain and TCP port of the device. The following video explains the set up and its the same set up for the Pro HD IP camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gWmwBpohg
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us