AMC POE won't connect to Blue Iris.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mylumnad

AMC POE won't connect to Blue Iris.

Post by mylumnad »

I have several Amcrest cameras. Yesterday, I installed a POE for my front porch. I added it successfully in the Amcrest ProView app. I am having issues connecting it to Blue Iris. (I have 5 other non POE cameras connected to Blue Iris so I am fairly familiar with it.) The POE is ethernet connected via an ATT WiFi extender. (I suspect this is the issue?) I added the correct IP but it just won't connect.
Attachments
Camera.jpg
Camera.jpg (123.82 KiB) Viewed 214 times
wifiextender.png
wifiextender.png (269.29 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMC POE won't connect to Blue Iris.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is the ip isn't on your local BI range so not able to connect. Like on one of my routers that give out different ip. I can access over app using p2p but ip is different to my local network range so no webui access or blue iris access. Make sure your extender isn't working as DHCP server and your main router is handling DHCP.
Be Safe.
mylumnad

Post by mylumnad »

Thanks Revo, I am new to configure this, my main router has DHCP enabled, all of my allocated IP's start with 192.168.1 but all the Amcrest cameras have a 192.168.6 range IP, how can I get the wired cameras to have that .6 IP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So from what it sounds like you have your cameras behind a device that is handing out the 192.168.6.xx range of IPs where your main network is passing out the 192.168.1.xx and will need to have the Bi machine on the same network range as the cameras. Problem is if you happen to make a connection to the cameras WebUI and changed a static IP for the camera to the right range, It won't work as expected because it is behind a DHCP server that is passing data from different range of IPs. So what needs to happen is the Range Extender needs to be used with DHCP server turned off and your main router as the only DHCP server. Then when the cameras are rebooted with router giving the right IP you will be able to connect all devices as 1 network.

So in your Extender I would double check if there is a setting that says something use as DHCP server. Uncheck that. Then reboot the device and it should then pass all traffic connected on Wifi to the main router to get the IP address. You might also have to reboot the cameras to get the new IP sent to the cameras..
Be Safe.
mylumnad

Post by mylumnad »

Ok thanks, makes sense...I think..my moden is wired straight into an Eero mesh router..I assume that is part of the situation?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You might need to get help from ATT support or ask on the Forums there if there is no access to the extender and or no way to tell the extender that you want your main router to be setup as the DHCP server.. Networking devices are not always the same and seeing your system is based on a ATT networking internet the steps I mention might not be what you need for it to work. Where my Routers and network hardware is off the shelf able to be used with any network router..

https://forums.att.com/topics/att-internet-equipment/
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would mention that if you are trying to access the cameras on the Guest network part of your router or extender, that part most always is on a different range then to your normal network as a way to let others on your network to access internet but have no access to your normal local area network of connected devices..
Be Safe.