ALL EXPORTED FILES CORRUPTED

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Geko

ALL EXPORTED FILES CORRUPTED

Post by Geko »

Every single type of video i convert a video to comes out corrupted. Cannot play in VLC cannot play in Quicktime cannot play in windows media player. Everything i export does not play at all.

I made 0 changes to my build and it was working fine previously. Recently had a murder happen on my property and the cops need the footage and everything is corrupted. Whats going on?
Z-Man

Re: ALL EXPORTED FILES CORRUPTED

Post by Z-Man »

Had a similar issue. I'm still trying to figure things out. Only thing I can think of is: I recently changed the encoding to H.265 from H.264. When I was at H264, I tested and everything was fine. I switched to H265 without much testing. When I really needed the footage, they were no good. I could watch them. But could not export them properly--Export at AVI would have zero size. Export as MP4 would have zero size. I switched back to H.264 and it's testing OK again.
Of course, you and I could be having different issues.
MKPelican

Post by MKPelican »

Only thing I can think of is: I recently changed the encoding to H.265 from H.264.
Thanks Z-Man! Just got my system several days ago and am trying real hard to unlearn the previous couple of systems I tinkered with. I was getting empty AVI containers (zero byte files) upon conversion until I saw your reply. Changing from H.265 to H.264 did the trick.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

My experience with motion detect files on camera SD card(not a NVR):
PC IE Web UI will export H.265 file in MP4 and play in VLC.
Surveillance Pro will export H.265 file in ASF and play in VLC. Other Surveillance Pro export formats won't play in VLC.
H.265 files are about half the size of H.264 files on SD card, and when exported.