AI Cameras on Stairs.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

AI Cameras on Stairs.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I normally have a 721ES that I was using for my stairs. However had some of my other gear from another location make it home and thought ok lets put a 4mp Wedge camera that is (like) Amcrest 1150EW-AI. However mine is a 4mp AI camera. I install this camera anywhere else I can use AI just fine. I put the camera on my Stairs and AI don't work. So I tried it using the AI from my NVR and it still don't want to work. The location is 8 foot from the top stair and 14 treads to bottom floor. I have my Rule setup on 5th tread from of the bottom and I don't understand why I can't get the AI from the Camera or AI from the 4216E-AI NVR to work at this location?

h.265
2688x1520 REsolution,
FPS 22
CBR
2048 Bit Rate.

Sub stream not that it matters is
h.265
704x480
FPS 18
CBR
1024 Bit Rate.

I have tried it in Intrusion, and using Trip wire and either way it will not trigger.

What is odd is that my camera also has SMD and even using that with a SMD enabled NVR it will not trigger on humans.

Anyone using a 4mp camera or more for doing a set of stairs that the AI will trigger on? It really isn't 100% important, I just wanted to setup an alarm for the area that will flash a light when someone is coming up the stairs. Right now I have it recording Full time on Sub Channel and if I use Motion it works most of the night and day until about 4pm until about 11am so really only 5hrs that it is working without false alerts. Mainly because it is dark area most days and at night or when it is darkest of the hours any flash will cause the system to think it is motion.

I have other Semi AI 4mp cameras I could trade it out with however they are kind of like the 2496EW-v2 where it offers Tripwire and Intrusion but it will trip on anything and that means even head lights.

If you have 4mp or higher AI camera working on a stair well what camera are you using and are you using full Resolution or did you have to cut it back to 2mp or lower?

Thanks
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe