AI camera porch led

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
scottfromthefuture

AI camera porch led

Post by scottfromthefuture »

I have IP4M-1046EW-AI cameras that have 2 White LED's. I would like to add a led bulb to my patio light that this camera will best respond to. Does anybody know if there is a specif led color temperature or technology that best matches the white LED's in these cameras?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AI camera porch led

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum
To be Fair, IT don't matter the color temp of the LEDS.. I personally live in an area that has rain, snow, and humid area and night time will cause motion alerts..

So I turn off my LEDS and use the lights that are around the cameras Scene.. Now if you don't live in an area like mine and don't have that type of issues even with Bugs then best thing to do if you want to use one with your cameras LEDs is just find one that best suites your needs.. The camera don't care the color of the LEDS to function in color.. To be honest I personally think the camera looks better with Daylight White Leds then the soft warm white they have..
Be Safe.
scottfromthefuture

Thanks for the feedback. I would certainly get a lot more motion alerts with bugs, even dust in the air with their cameras that use IR, but the AI cameras so far seem much better in that regard.

I have tried using some warm LED's that I already had and they dont seem to get the same response as the small white LED's built into the AI cameras. I am wondering if maybe some other settings adjust when they are on.

Oddly though my nighttime color seems to have stopped working. Now at night it goes B&W so the settings can certainly be a headache
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure if your working with your Camera on your Local Lan or if it is behind your NVR.. IF behind your NVR it is the same just getting to the camera is different..

So for me working with a 4216E-AI NVR, I log into NVR over IE, I then bring up the Cameras and on the lower list I click on the e Next to my 1046EW camera, This loads the NVR IP address with a PORT# and then my Camera can be logged into.. Once you log into your camera, Click on the setup on the top right side of the screen, then in the Camera Config there will be Day/Night click on that and you can change it from Auto to Color.. By the way even with it in B/W the white LEDS come on this camera has no IR LEDS..
NVRCameraArea.png
NVRCameraArea.png (128.46 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Screenshot (563).png
Screenshot (563).png (712.42 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Screenshot (564).png
Screenshot (564).png (692.43 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Be Safe.
scottfromthefuture

Thanks again for the reply. Oddly enough the camera menu does not have the option you posted. Under "Day & Night" I have mode, sensitivity, and delay, but they are grayed out under each profile and unalterable. I do not have a AI NVR.

A few nights later night color seems to have returned, so I am assuming it has to do with the auto function, but I wonder if some other setting is preventing me from changing that setting.

I much prefer working with these cameras via the API. Do you happen to know if there is updated API documentation since these cameras have been out which includes functions specific to the AI cameras?

And yes, I understand about the IR. I was just saying my other IR cameras really pick up dust and other debris in the air which sometimes trigger the detection, but with these cameras I have not had that issue. I mostly run them without the lights on though. With a bit of adjustment it is amazing the quality you can pickup without lights or IR, even in full darkness.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes your right when it is set to Auto that is what it will show. However as you can see in my Picture I have changed mine to Color.. If you leave it Auto it will change when needed by settings in the camera..
1046AI.png
1046AI.png (617.72 KiB) Viewed 566 times
However if they are Greyed out that means there is another setting that you have changed that makes these non functional and then best thing if not sure what settings you changed to do that would be to Reset the Camera back to factory.. There is 2 options to do this Full Reset or reset keeping IP and Login..

About the API sadly I don't know anything newer then the 2020 release and some might work and as you have said AI camera might have more that are not in the normal API and sadly I don't have anything about those commands as of yet...

Yes changing settings to slow the Shutter can make things work in darker areas without lights sadly it don't help much when it comes to Motion events because doing so would cause or could cause to much blur of motion events...

The camera does work well in low light though and does work well with the LEDs that is built in.. Personally I don't notice anything different between LEDS that I use outside of the ones that are built in to me the Picture still look nice in Color as long as the LEDs are not 1900-4500K white then there is to much yellow for my use.. I have some of them and only use them for backup to replace the Cool whites that I like that are between 4800 to 10,000...
Be Safe.
patric

Post by patric »

Some thoughts on outdoor lighting...

Insects love blue-green light (think Mercury Vapor). They tend to not be attracted as much to amber-red hues, but some are still drawn to infrared.
Warm White is not only a neighbor-friendly color, but more environmentally responsible than blue-rich light that disrupts circadian rhythms. Its also more aesthetic than the welding-torch look of "daylight" light at night.
Color temperatures of 2200K to 3000K are more ideal nighttime lighting colors, and the infrared portion of your imager actually prefers warmer, redder colors (for obvious reasons).