AI camera hook up

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Sharkey

AI camera hook up

Post by Sharkey »

Hi, have a nv5208e nvr and am trying to to hook up a AI camera model #(IP8M-DT3949EW-3AI) TO GET AI features (tripwire-alarm etc) I'm I able to use this nvr or do I need something else.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AI camera hook up

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are people that have reported using 5216E-8P with AI camera that have the latest FW installed on the NVR that turned on AI. However that NVR is not listed as a AI NVR like my 4216E-AI or the 4116E-A2 are reported being AI. However the A2 is reported as a normal NVR until a AI Camera is connected and then it will work with the normal AI function from the camera. However my 4216E-AI offers 4 ch AI with Tripwire and Intrusion right from the NVR it self even on older cameras like 841 or other cameras that didn't have AI built into them. Then adding AI cameras will fill the NVR So buying 4216 with 4 built in would only need 12 AI cameras for full AI system I think 4208-ai gives 2 AI channels.

However I can't really say. I know that there are some reports that the system unlocks but don't work as one would expect. Might be Related to the Memory in the NVR or CPU power it has..

If you want to find out for sure. Using the WebUI of the Camera, go into the cameras setup, then Events, then turn on the AI in the Smart menu, IVS option. Then go to IVS, Then setup a Rule, draw the rule and save. Then connect the camera to the NVR. If it unlocks the NVR to use AI it will come up with other options in the NVR like SMD, ANPR, IVS and have a AI button in the main menu area.

However if it was a fluke for the other system as I think it was because again as I said the 52xx isn't listed as a AI NVR besides the 5216E-16P NVR that cost 1400 and was designed to work with the Thermal Camera system

If it don't work as you want, (Not turning on AI) then the best option would be to buy the 4208E-AI or 4216E-AI for best options. Unless you can afford the 5216E-16P however as I said there was someone that did say their 5216E-8P unlocked AI when a AI camera was turned on. We had some Debate back then at the time because it was my understanding that the 52xx besides the 16P wasn't AI. Even Listed on Web still today as a Normal NVR.

Looking at the system offered a while ago is still listed and has come down a lot in price is just over 5k with NVR and Thermal cameras with tripods you can find here https://amcrest.com/amcrest-thermal-ip- ... 221-w.html
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Sharkey

Post by Sharkey »

Thanks for your help. Do I go in the web ui for the camera from desktop or nvr Thanks tom
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Desktop
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe