Adjustments and changes dont work

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dnf2004

Adjustments and changes dont work

Post by Dnf2004 »

I have a IP2M-841 camera. I have the camera in my kids room and the curtains are close most of the time, the camera keeps switching between night and day, I had adjusted the D&N sensitivity to Low and D&N delay to 10s, for all profiles (Normal, day, night). I had also moved the camera around the room to try and change the amount of light the camera is detecting, still didn't solve the concern. I had even turned the night vision option to off, with no success. Is there some kind of delay between setting changes and time it takes to be effective, or does the camera need to be reset when changes are made. Also, I am unable to change the recoding schedule, as of now I have it set to record all the time, but when I change it to only record motion and click the "save" button it says "save failed" and still uses the previous setting. So, are the only features that work are the record and pan/tilt, while the rest of the options there just for looks and don't really do anything.
amcresthell

Re: Adjustments and changes dont work

Post by amcresthell »

Dnf2004 wrote:Also, I am unable to change the recoding schedule, as of now I have it set to record all the time, but when I change it to only record motion and click the "save" button it says "save failed" and still uses the previous setting.
I believe this started happening with the new firmware released on 9/8/2016. Shame!

I am seeing the exact same thing, it's a severe bug. Since it's the weekend, their support is not available. Let's all pummel them with calls next week until they fix it!
gekanukr

Post by gekanukr »

Hello,with the new firmware my camera IP2M-841 doesnt let me save changes to record schedule options (it says "save failed"),snapshot schedule is fine,plus when i try to make changes to event motion detection schedule, i dont see the option "save" active,it cant be pressed to save because its not active.. Please help! The camera is useless now... Regards
saskwach

Post by saskwach »

same issue here .. can anyone from Amcrest help? or at least go back to the older version of the firmware?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

Please try hard resetting the camera. For this, you need to press and hold the indicator light on the back of the camera for 10 - 15 seconds. The light will turn red and the camera will do its initial pan/tilt after this. You need to set up the camera once again after this as it will reset all the settings
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

honeyhoney1979

Post by honeyhoney1979 »

Really?..."try" a hard reset of the camera...is that your final answer? ;)
colin_gould

Post by colin_gould »

Same here on my brand new IPM-721, it updated firmware to 9/8/16 when I set it up.
Bonk, now I can't save record schedule. Other setup/config item I can save OK, including, so far, Motion Detection event schedule (not recording, but event detect).
My IP3M-743 is ok, it is still on older firmware.
colin_gould

Post by colin_gould »

My new IPM-721 camera hit the same problem, after firmware upgrade to 9/8/16 on initial setup, I couldn't save the storage- schedule - record schedule settings. I could schedule motion detection events.

I did the hard reset, and it took a while, but it DID work. After re-entering all my settings again, I can now set the record schedule for regular & motion events etc. It kept my existing recordings on SD card.
Thanks!
josepilove

Post by josepilove »

I also had this problem.

I was able to get the same results as the "hard reboot" via "press and hold the indicator light on the back of the camera for 10 - 15 seconds" simply by Restoring to Factory Defaults via the settings page.

I am now able to save a schedule properly, and I didn't even need to get out of my chair!
RalphSlate

Post by RalphSlate »

There is new firmware out there in the wild - a camera I purchased 2 weeks ago comes with 2.420.AC00.16.R firmware. This is not available on the Amcrest website for some reason - they only have version 2.420.AC00.15.R.