Adjusting settings for 841 detection

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
CosmikDebris

Adjusting settings for 841 detection

Post by CosmikDebris »

I've played around with this settings but its trial and error. I'd like to have this camera run day and night and detect any intruder, email me, and save video. What is working is the email and video being stored (currently on SD card, but will be to a NAS), but I get a false detection at the switch from day to night mode. If I set it to only alert during the night I get a detection as soon as it comes on or off.
I'm running the latest beta firmware, and connected to router via wifi. The detection areas are single blocks, one at front door, another on stairs.
Any suggestions?
"I might be moving to Montana soon."
jack7

Re: Adjusting settings for 841 detection

Post by jack7 »

CosmikDebris wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:53 am ... but I get a false detection at the switch from day to night mode. If I set it to only alert during the night I get a detection as soon as it comes on or off.
Try changing the sensitivity and delay in camera/configuration/day & night.
CosmikDebris

Re: Adjusting settings for 841 detection

Post by CosmikDebris »

Sorry it took so long to reply, had password issues while travelling.
I've made the adjustments, and no difference. I have since bought a Synology NAS and am now struggling with getting the settings right in that.
"I might be moving to Montana soon."