Adding RTSP streams *to* the NVR for recording?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Morgon

Adding RTSP streams *to* the NVR for recording?

Post by Morgon »

I've seen a few threads and support articles on accessing the NVR's own RTSP stream, but what I really need is to have the NVR connect to and record RTSP streams from other cameras.

Is this something the Amcrest NVRs can do? It seems like such a glaring omission, given that the majority of cameras don't support ONVIF.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Adding RTSP streams *to* the NVR for recording?

Post by Melvin »

Hi Morgon,

Amcrest dont have option to record RTSP stream.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

claybell

Post by claybell »

Select custom for camera type and you'll get 2 stream boxes. Put your rtsp string in there.
ckanoab

Post by ckanoab »

@claybell have you had success with this? I'm trying to add an ffmpeg rtsp stream to my NVR, I get a green status indicator on the remote device page but video never loads
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@ckanoab Hello and Welcome to the forum

Personally I have added one of my Amcrest cameras to my AI NVR over a RTSP feed. I have a 3 steam AI camera that I setup as a channel on my NVR to show only Stream sub2 and it works as expected.

Personally I think it is going to be up to the type of camera someone is trying to use. Also keep in mind that motion, PTZ and other features that would normally work with ONVIF or other type of connection might not work with the RTSP settings.

I do have a Wyze camera with RTSP and I can't get it to work even taking the VLC feed settings and pasting it into the NVR settings just get a black screen so I can't speak about anything outside of my own Amcrest camera on my Amcrest NVR. Only reason I did it was because my Sub Channel is zoomed in 720p feed from a 4mp camera and I didn't want to have to change feeds anytime I wanted to look at the zoomed footage. Just keep in mind as well that my Sub2 ch don't work in Grid view so that channel lets say if in 16ch view will just be black click to full image and it is there. I guess I could always put the same feed in both boxes in the add area. I never did and didn't try. I have it added to the Main so that is why it has to be in full size. I have some Samsung cameras that the Sub feed is really the main so if I want to look at right feed on grid I could always just change the stream on the view like I do my other cameras
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ckanoab

Post by ckanoab »

not sure what I did but it started working. :shrug:
allenra

Post by allenra »

@ckanoab -- Can you post the rtsp string you used, and the other settings? I am struggling with the same problem, and can't get it to work.
xundre

Post by xundre »

I was just able to figure this out . Here are the settings I used for wyze cam

1. Obviously flash the firmware on your Wyze to support rtsp streams
2. Settings on NVR
Manufacturer - Customized
Main Stream - Wyze stream URL
Server Type - UDP

Works great for me!
alchemistsden

Post by alchemistsden »

@xundre

can you please tell me what you used as RTSP Port and HTTP Port? I am following your lead but I cannot make it work. I dont even get a green connection light.

Thanks!
xundre

Post by xundre »

@alchemistsden

sorry for the late response , here are my settings if this helps.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 2.37.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 2.37.50 PM.png (109.57 KiB) Viewed 708 times