Adding 2 cameras using 1 Cat5e

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Adding 2 cameras using 1 Cat5e

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Installing a camera system and want 1 cable 2 cameras. I add 2 POE cameras to 1 cable and connect to my Amcrest NV4108e NVR

https://youtu.be/URS1q_w-nD0
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Re: Adding 2 cameras using 1 Cat5e

Post by jack7 »

Someone asked about this on another forum, so I posted your youtube link.  It's an excellent video and was well received.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Adding 2 cameras using 1 Cat5e

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for sharing the link. I have had a few people ask and wanted to post some info about it seeing there is some debate about it. Some things to note and not sure if I mentioned it or not. This works for POE and POE+ it wouldn't work for POE++ aka POE bt. The Higher power bt works over 4 pairs for 60watts of power and as high as 90watts of power. I personally don't own any POE bt devices and nor do any of the people that I have been trying to help.

There are cool splitters out there, I mean why pair 60 to 100 bucks for something that people can do without the crazy cost. Even if someone today has some Cat cable connected in an area that they want to install a second camera, Yes pulling another cat cable would be best way to go however if can't afford it, then making the adjustment to the cable with 2 pairs per camera will get them where they need to be.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe