Added new camera, now refresh rate is terrible!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mfd229

Added new camera, now refresh rate is terrible!

Post by mfd229 »

I just added an IP2M-851W to my setup, in addition to one IPM-721B and one IP2M-841B. Since I added the new camera, all three cameras seem to have terrible refresh rates. I have them recording to an NVR and have Surveillance Pro installed for live viewing on the computer. Since the new camera, it seems all three cameras need to buffer for about two seconds before I get any new frames in. Before, they had perfect viewing. No buffering at all. All cameras and NVR have dedicated IPs, all within 30 feet of the router. Any ideas?
Roy

Re: Added new camera, now refresh rate is terrible!

Post by Roy »

I had a similar problem. I had set all my cameras ip to static. As a result of this depending on what is currently on in my network one of my cameras ip was conflicting with another device in my system. I found this problem by looking at my devices in my router's firmware of what was currently on. Good luck.
tonester

Re: Added new camera, now refresh rate is terrible!

Post by tonester »

Does the refresh rate go back to normal on either/both of the remaining two cameras when you remove one (start with removing the new camera off your network)? If refresh rate doesn't return to what it was before you added the new camera, then do process of elimination with each of the other two camera in order to determine if it's a camera issue or a bandwidth issue with your network.