Add Users/ Manage Users

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Hadesfan7

Add Users/ Manage Users

Post by Hadesfan7 »

I am wanting to set up my Amcrest 1080P camera to allow others to view it, but I want to be able to lock them out as well. basically I want to control when and what they see. I was told to do this:

"What I would like for you to do is log into the web interface of the camera with the ip address of the camera. Once your there go ahead and log in and at the live view screen, I would like for you to to click on

-Setup
-System
-Manage users
-Add users

Now in the add users window, here you can create a new user name and password. Now with you wanting to create other account you are able to customize what they will have access to in the Authority list. You can modify this account and limit them on what they can see, do, or change by click in the box and check it to enable it."

the problem is, that I do not see the "setup" on the Live view screen. Anyone have any tips for me??

Thank you for any and all help!!
Albert
Site Admin

Re: Add Users/ Manage Users

Post by Albert »

Hi,

For creating user accounts with different permissions you will have to login to the web interface of the camera from a Computer. You can get the IP Config software for windows/mac (https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads) from our website for this.

Once installed, open the software, it will show the IP address of the camera in the network. Click on the 'e' button at the right and it will open the camera's web interface on your default browser. We recommend using Firefox or Internet Explorer for Windows/ Safari for Mac.
IP Camera Web Interface - Setup Menu
IP Camera Web Interface - Setup Menu
WebInterface.JPG (99.28 KiB) Viewed 6383 times
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Hadesfan7

Post by Hadesfan7 »

thank you for the quick response! I went to the page you provided and clicked on the link. it downloads then I get a warning that says " the signature of (windows) amcrest Ip config Eng V3.20.4.T.150827.exe is corrupt or invalid. any ideas?
jmleteck

Post by jmleteck »

once you have add users,how do they do to log into your cam?
jmleteck IP2M-841
Hadesfan7

Post by Hadesfan7 »

I will be more than happy to share that once I get them in!!
Albert
Site Admin

Post by Albert »

Hi,

Which web browser are you using? I would recommend to use Mozilla Firefox if you were trying with Internet Explorer. I guess some security settings on the explorer browser is causing the problem. Also make sure that your computer's time and date is correct. Some anti-virus might also block the plugins.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Hadesfan7

Post by Hadesfan7 »

Thanks Albert! I tried another computer and got an additional user set up. But how do they access the camera with the user name and password I created? Also, will they be able to move the camera at all, or is that based on the access I granted?

Thanks again!!
Albert
Site Admin

Post by Albert »

Hi,

You can login to the web interface locally by going to the local IP address. Just use the username and password you created for the new user to login. If you want to access the camera remotely from a different location you will have to do the port forwarding on the router and then use the remote IP address/DDNS URL to access the camera's interface.

Yes, you have to grant the access for PTZ and other options in the Authority List.