Add microphone to PTZ 4mp outdoor camera

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ncwild

Add microphone to PTZ 4mp outdoor camera

Post by ncwild »

Wiring on the Amcrest IP4M-1063EW-AI camera for audio is three wires. How can I hook up a Sunba (link: https://www.amazon.com/Sunba-Microphone ... B07CG5KMD2) external microphone to this camera and power over POE? Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Add microphone to PTZ 4mp outdoor camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

In Truth it seems kind of Excessive for a Sumba Mic. They are not worth 29 to me anyway.

I would buy a 29 to 45$ Dahua Mic before the Sumba.

Anyway about the Mic and Camera wiring you will need some ends for your camera, Then your camera has 1 Ground shared for audio in and out so what that means is if your connecting to a Mic only 2 wires to 1 Rca male, I would leave a pig tail out for Speaker ground for future if you ever expect to connect a speaker. Then you will use one of the RCA Females to connect to your male, power the mic and your camera now has Audio in. There are some people out there that sale Mic kits that come with the RCA's some CCTV cabling and connectors to convert to the use type for less.. I will say I have not tried them all, I do have a Amcrest Mic, Dahua Mic, Hikvision mic and some Generic mics and out of all of them they all about the same. The Generic ones are not noise Rejection so they do pick up sounds out of cameras area of view like over 100 feet away.. While that might sound bad the good news is that people that are within the cameras view the sound is great and I can hear very clear.

About the Mic in your link. I think the builder of it is little confused to be honest. I mean I have never heard of a Mic with an In and out RCA connectors unless it was with Mic and Speaker, So audio out would be Mic to Camera audio in would be camera to mic for speaker out. Normally there are 2 power connecters with main power going to mic and out to camera so only 1 power wire needed to the area. I have a Camera with Mic Power out that is a POE camera but I still ended up taking power to the camera because the power out is dirty and has some strange sounds when connected using that power.

About powering the Mic over your POE seems like something you would have to work kind of hard for. You would need to have a POE to 12v Splitter. While these have come down in price not sure why pulling a second cable to the camera location seems like the cheapest route?

Anyway with a POE Splitter it will take power from POE and via magic within a little box convert that over to a 12v that has a normal power out to power your mic or a camera lets say that wasn't POE.. So then with Power to the Cameras Back Box there needs to be a cable run from camera back box to the Mic Location that will run the audio and power to the mic.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe