AD410 night settings

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GlenCove5511

AD410 night settings

Post by GlenCove5511 »

Just installed this doorbell camera and the night image is not very good at all. I'm using default settings. Is there a way to improve this?
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.00.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.00.28 PM.png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 6329 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 night settings

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

ON your question!? It is hard to say what you need to do to improve your image. First did you turn on the HD as the camera starts in SD.. Next besides all the lights that I can see in the picture does your area have an outdoor light that could help? I mean from what I see there is a Whicker bench or chair kind of close and might be causing the camera to change settings within it setup to stop IR wash.. Next are you using WDR or is that off? Also does the lights in the house that is projecting though the windows stay on all night and does that change the effect of the cameras view when they are off?

For me to be honest I would need to change my camera location because where I have it setup right now there are to many cameras that are working with IR lights on. While I can see my Cameras LEDs are on at night because of the location of my camera, the IR wash the camera for mine kind of looks like my IR is off and only using the IR that is from all the other cameras and that has to do with a semi reflective wind cover I have in place.. My guess is that the camera has Adjusted the IRIS and Fstop to make a picture as clear as it can for your scene!? The true test is what does it look like when someone comes onto your porch or what ever it is covering? Can it detect them, does it see them well enough to send you an alert? It will change as the scene changes to give the best picture it can. Also remember when loading in app first loads in SD mode (Standard Mode)
Be Safe.
GlenCove5511

Post by GlenCove5511 »

Thanks for the reply. I do have it set to HD and I have WDR off. I worked on different settings tonight and found these to work much better. Reducing the Sharpness from the default of 50 to 5 made a huge difference.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.55.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.55.54 PM.png (540.79 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Now I have to reset my 410 lol.. It is crazy and was an issue with the 110 since it was released where people would brick or could brick the camera by playing around with settings within ASP or even IP config and while my camera is not Bricked after playing with only 2 settings in ASP my camera now looks like Trash where it looked very good without making any changes before

I personally wouldn't make any changes to the camera within ASP or IP config and while yours seems to look better it has also seems to be at a different position from where your first picture was taken from, Maybe the wedge was put in or something but it is now looking to the Right more then it was in the other picture and again there is a lot going on in your scene.. Looks like there might be a new light on the Right area of the picture that wasn't there before, the camera is facing different FOV so the light that is there now is going to effect the camera different then it did last picture... Now I have to go fix my Camera..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW so I just was making a Video about how bad my Camera looked and you know what is very ODD... Making the changes to where yours are setup made my VERY Bad looking camera look little better.. It isn't anything to what it looked like before I made the change and posted what I did above... So setting 100% to the way yours is setup cleaned up the picture but isn't anything to as nice as it was before I made the 1 change that made the camera get all bent out of shape and that was at first only changing the 3DNR... Now I have to go reset my camera back to factory so I can have it back looking much better then it does even with the settings changed..

Anyway anyone reading this please don't make changes from what the camera is setup at from factory you will not like the results and if you do by some chance make a change don't run down the rabbit hole just Reset the camera and setup in app again...
Be Safe.
GlenCove5511

Post by GlenCove5511 »

So much to consider... I did install the wedge that came with it. That light you see in the upper right is my other Dahua wedge camera IR. Are you saying the day/night picture will look much better if no setting changes are made?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well to tell you the truth it is hard to say what will work for others as everyone has different environment to work with.. What I noticed after I made some changes to my AD410, I Was able to get my camera to connect to my Router that is connected to my main network, So seeing I was not able to add it to the ASP over P2P like I can my AD110, So I added it to my Network, then to ASP. Before making the change and only change was first 3DNR and doing so made it look BAD like I was looking at a camera that is from 2011 at night with no IR that I own but I won't get rid of it because Daytime 37x zoom and PTZ makes it a wonderful day camera.. So I then setup the camera to your SPECS and it looked a little better but was nothing like it was before I made the changes..

So now I have Reset the camera and I have Gifted my Ring Doorbell Pro away to someone that likes Ring Products, I bought it only so I could test it with what I already know and own. So I put my AD410 on the front where I did at one time have my AD110 for a good while.. If it wasn't for the fact that the Reset button is on the back of the camera in a very small hole I was almost thinking of doing a video of before and after making changes in ASP just so it would be known. While I still might do this it is just a PITA having to remove to reset the camera... So maybe hold off on making that VIDEO but I can tell you that before I made any changes at the location of my AD410 it was looking very nice day or night in HD mode..

So for me I will Promote to make no changes to the Camera from how it comes setup when someone installs it from Factory NEW... Right now it is setup in an area that my Ring never changed to night mode and nor did my AD110 so I will see if the 410 does in that same location they were facing my road on the front of my house... I will turn off the lights and make sure my 941 don't shine IR and do some testing for IR and night vision as well but for tonight the test will be to see if it stays in Color all night like my 110 did when it was installed there...

So for me YES I am saying that Day and Night looked better for my camera before changes were made...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So for what it looks like at current setup after a Factory Reset today at the current location.. YES the weeds at the front are over grown because of people that come around corner and set off motion when the AD110 was there so I let it grow over I will be trimming it this weekend..

Anyway top 2 are the AD410 on the left and the AD110 on the right the other 2 were just there.. Only change I made was I had to reduce the Picture size because it was over attachment filesize so It has been reduced to fit the forum rules..

I do kind of wish the 410 was wide screen like the 110 is but again left it as it was installed after Reset..
Screenshot (849).png
Screenshot (849).png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 6301 times
Be Safe.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

They need to release a software/firmware update to address the night settings. It is atrocious, IMHO. The AD110 is better at night time settings.