AD410 doorbell: MAC address changes and password no longer works

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
chaibas

Re: AD410 doorbell: MAC address changes and password no longer works

Post by chaibas »

I do not use a mesh router and so far I have 4 different Mac addresses from my doorbell. It's driving me crazy because I lose RTSP every time it changes.
CalebJ

Post by CalebJ »

I installed an AD410 yesterday and can confirm the same issue - duplicate MAC addresses from the same device breaking the ability to guarantee a fixed IP for the camera.

For what it's worth, the common thread appears to be multiple wireless networks broadcasting the same SSID (I'm using a tri-band TP Link router that's using their Smart Connect feature to assign devices to the appropriate frequency based on capability). Each band broadcasts the same SSID.

If I was only using the Amcrest app this probably wouldn't be an issue, but there's a NAS pointed to the camera for motion recording.
CalebJ

Post by CalebJ »

I missed it initially, but there's a spot in the Amcrest app to give the device a static IP. That's working as a band-aid fix for whatever the underlying issue is. Hopefully Amcrest will come up with an actual fix - I've got a support ticket open on this now.
CalebJ

Post by CalebJ »

Three days in and their support response is:
The MAC should be fixed. Its the IP that changes. Have you set static IP through the app?
That's after my previous message explicitly stated that I'd used their app to put in a static IP.

And my original message to open the ticket that quoted two MAC addresses that the AD410 has used on my network. And a direct link to this thread.

Not encouraging.