AD410 and original 100yr old bell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Amtoq

AD410 and original 100yr old bell

Post by Amtoq »

I have a 100+ year old house, the original doorbell is an actual bell. Not a ding-dong type, but like a school bell.

I had an AD110 setup and everything worked fine until the transformer blew and took the camera out with it. When I replaced the 24v transformer I also replaced the camera with a newer AD410. Camera works fine but the bell won't ring. I get the ding-dong sound from the camera but nothing at all from the old bell. I have the chime kit installed (Yes, I swapped it out with the new kit from the new camera) I have played with the settings in the app between mechanical and digital, and made sure they were saved, rebooted and reset several times but nothing I do will make the bell ring.

What am I missing?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 and original 100yr old bell

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

You may want to look up the data on your BELL. Normally the Bells are not 24v in my area anyway. Most times they were like 8 to 10v and some even as high as 16vac. Is there writing on the normal transformer that you replaced that says it is 24vac? It might be that the old installer added something to the Transformer that dropped the voltage and when you removed the old transformer it went with it. Very well could be if it was designed for less then 24vac the bell could be fried now.. It has been a while but if I remember right on one of my older doorbell systems that had 2 bell hats as I will call them the motors were rated at 500 Ohms
Be Safe.