AD110 Setup

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
digitalbeachbum

AD110 Setup

Post by digitalbeachbum »

I have an AD110 doorbell which has worked fine over the years. I use the app to control it and get notifications that someone is at the front door.
Now that I have the DVR setup, I want to add the doorbell to it.
However, when I go to install it, it keeps telling me the password is wrong and it locked me out for a bit trying to connect it.

I verified the password by using the app to change it, which I know 100% sure I'm entering it correctly.
The AD110 is on my router, the same one the DVR is currently connected to, but I still can't add it.

Do I need to remove it from the app first, then add it to the DVR? or can I still use the app and the DVR at the same time?
digitalbeachbum

Re: AD110 Setup

Another thing to add, is that the DVR is using the 10.1.1.x subnet, while my router is using 192.168.1.x
The AD110 has a 192.168.1.x IP. I don't know if that is part of the problem.
digitalbeachbum

I rebooted the AD110 and now the NVR is telling me "192.168.1.23 - Can not find network host"
So I guess the password worked, so now it must be an IP issue.
I looked online, but the Amcrest website explained to add the doorbell to the app, then add it to the DVR.
It explained that the NVR and the doorbell has to be on the same network.

These are the instructions I'm using -
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... mcrest-NVR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes the Doorbell is a Smart home product and is required to be setup before it will work on your DVR/NVR.. Even with a IP setup static in the Router. Once you setup the camera in the Smart Home app you should be able to access the camera as normal. Smart Home App is Required.
Be Safe.
digitalbeachbum

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm Yes the Doorbell is a Smart home product and is required to be setup before it will work on your DVR/NVR.. Even with a IP setup static in the Router. Once you setup the camera in the Smart Home app you should be able to access the camera as normal. Smart Home App is Required.
I have it on the app. That works fine. However when I tried to add it to the NVR, the NVR can see it, but it won't let me use it.
amcrest1.jpg
amcrest1.jpg (199.18 KiB) Viewed 38 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok have to ask what model of NVR is it?

So I ask because the camera is 5mp even though it is said to be 4mp it really is 5. The DVR/NVR has to support the 5mp format that the camera is or the camera will have to be down encoded to a lower Resolution.. Also did you click the pencil and change the password for the camera to reflect the one in the doorbell? That would be the only 2 reasons that I would think your camera and DVR/NVR wouldn't connect...
Be Safe.
digitalbeachbum

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 pm Ok have to ask what model of NVR is it?

So I ask because the camera is 5mp even though it is said to be 4mp it really is 5. The DVR/NVR has to support the 5mp format that the camera is or the camera will have to be down encoded to a lower Resolution.. Also did you click the pencil and change the password for the camera to reflect the one in the doorbell? That would be the only 2 reasons that I would think your camera and DVR/NVR wouldn't connect...
NV4108E

Yes, clicked on pencil and entered the password
(edit)
Well dang me. I was just messing around with the password. I changed it again on my phone, then entered it in to the NVR again.
After about 10 seconds, the camera came online.
Either there was some sort of glitch or I entered the password incorrectly five times.
(edit2)
Well, I think I need to quit while I'm ahead.
I was playing around with the web interface and now the picture (on the AD110) is all greenish yellow.
digitalbeachbum

A good night sleep helped. When I got up I realized that the scene mode had been modified. I changed it to auto and the green disappeared.