AD110 & IP Config

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
TBacker

AD110 & IP Config

Post by TBacker »

I've got a new AD110 fired up and working fine with the Android app and Blue Iris.

I want to improve the quality of the stream feeding Blue Iris, and I read that using IP Config is the only way to change the AD110's encoding settings.

The problem is IP Config refuses to connect to the AD110. It shows it in the discovered items list, and I log in using admin / (my password), and all it does is say my username / password are incorrect. Of course, eventually the AD110 locks me out from retrying so much.

I shut down Blue Iris during these attempts in case the active streaming was interfering with IP Config logging in.

Am I missing something or am I out of luck?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 & IP Config

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Might want to look though the Forum for how many people Bricked the AD110 while trying to change settings in IP-Config. I personally wouldn't do it if you were able to..

What I do know is that even with AD410 it says you can change in Config tool and I tried it after someone said they had some issues with the Ad410 they had. Sure enough my Video went from looking very nice to looking so bad that the camera really looked worse then some of my non IR CVBS cameras from 2010.. I had to remove it to reset the camera.

Might be a Saving grace that you were not able to log in and make changes.. Making the mistake of making changes with my NVR on a different channel some how has changed my AD110 even and I have had to go reset it.. Once any changes are made no way to go back without doing a Factory Reset. Sure there are some CGI that can be tossed at it but never looks as good as it did factory fresh..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
TBacker

Post by TBacker »

Shame. The default bitrate, while "mobile device friendly", is too low for clear, sharp monitoring and archival on the local network.

While a good alternative to the big name devices, it seems to be hobbled not by hardware, but by firmware / app design choices. Frustrating when it's just coding changes.
TBacker

Post by TBacker »

FYI -

The View Pro android app allowed me to connect and set the framerate / bitrate to reasonable settings. I'm sure that was one of those "not really supported" dicey moves, but it worked. I was careful to try to select fairly standard settings so as not to make the device go to the big bit bucket in the sky.

I hope this sticks through power cycles. I seem to recall seeing a post about bitrate changes not being retained, but now I can't find it.
TBacker

Post by TBacker »

Well, for anyone who finds this thread or cares, the bitrate change reverts to an anemic average 100 kB/s after mode changes (day/night), so I guess I'm permanently stuck with a bit starved picture until I can find something better.