AD110 - frequent reconnects/reboots

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
pge

AD110 - frequent reconnects/reboots

Post by pge »

Hey all!
I installed my AD110 today and during daytime everything was working fine.
Tonight i realized, that i kept on hearing the "successfully connected to network" prompt and saw the IR cycling.

What could this be? This is extemely annoying, not only cause of the disconnects, but also because of the voice talking in direction of the neighboring house every 5-10 minutes.

Please help!

Sidenode:
- Im running the cam with Synology Surveillance Station via rtsp URL.

Troubleshooting steps:
- Changing Wifi to different ap (both good reception)
- Rebooting several times
- Inserting and formatting a Class 10 MicroSD Card
- Extend DHCP Lease time
- Latest: Disabled Camera in surveillance station.
Attachments
ir_party.png
ir_party.png (831.85 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 - frequent reconnects/reboots

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

So I am not sure to be honest what the issue is or could be but off hand first thing that comes to mind is Power issues...

You see when power goes to the camera it takes a little time for the system to boot up. This is because it is charging 2 large Caps... Then if there is a power issue on day time it don't matter much because there is enough time before the power from the Caps are drained...

However at night this is different.. When the system loads and then IR turns on the system uses up the power before the Transformers powering the camera can Charge the Caps and the system cycles off, Charges up the caps system connects and goes though the cycle all over again....

2 things can help this... 1 Turn on a light to keep the Doorbell camera from going into B/W turning on IR and this will make it so the system don't use more power then you have to give.. 2 would be use a different Power Transformer to power your camera... While it is said that a 16vac 30va system is good enough... Sadly this isn't the same as a 24vac 30va and at times that is one common issue I have found that people use to little of a Transformer... Most Doorbells were installed many years ago with a 10va transformer and this is no where close going to be enough to power the camera day or night... To Run this camera with a 24vac transformer it would need to be 45va where on a 16vac transformer the same power would be at 30va
Be Safe.
pge

Post by pge »

Hey James,

thanks for the feeback and the welcome!

If this is a power issue, i simply dont understand.
The user manual (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JmduLO ... UHB7M/view) states:
The device is compatible with a standard 16~24V AC or 12V~24V DC power adapter.
I had my transformer replaced, especially to suite the needs of the doorbell.
This is the transformer i had an electrician install:
transformer.jpeg
transformer.jpeg (44.88 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
Patrick
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

IF you are trying to power it off the specs that I am looking at there are 2 issues...

1 the Power supply while I am not 100% sure looks like it is a DC 24v or maybe it is purely 2 type supply depending on where you connect the wires DC if connected as Diagram shows on pegs in that area.. And AC if connected to pegs in that area... SO is that is the case and you connected to the ac side sadly this brings me to another issue I see with this supply..
2 the Power supply shows only a 1amp 24V and 1 amp is far to low of power to make this camera work.. To be honest I am surprised that it even powered up to start with... If we look at it in effect of what numbers are your power supply is only a 24v 24va power and min wanted power is 16vac 30va and at them numbers that is 1.875amps so if we were to use a PSU under 24v and still needed to keep the 1.875amps we would need a 24vac 45va power supply...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly on Page 3 where they say a 16 to 24vac is required there is no mention of the Amps needed... This is the first Manual that was made for the First Doorbell that was built for Amcrest and it is said that newer version of the Manual will have more info about Power Requirements..

As I was saying before with an under rated Power Supply the system might work for a bit however under IR load it wouldn't work long if at all because the power would drain before the supply could charge the caps up inside the camera... Without the Caps in the camera as it is now the camera wouldn't function past the first Connected message because that would be enough to discharge the system and power supply not able to reload in time.. However with the system working right and Power removed from the unit the system will take about 40 seconds to 1 minute for the Caps to discharge to the point the camera halo light would go out...

Also you have a Quote with DC as being OK and this is Not a DC Powered ITEM needs to run on AC 16 to 24v and on page 3 says 16-30vac is ok
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I had my friend call me and asked me to explain the numbers and I can't edit my post now so here is some info for the ones that are looking for more info...

Looking at this and wondering how to know what amps a 24vac 45va is doing you would take your AC power in watts 45 and divide by the Volts 24 and this you would get the Amps of 1.875.
So doing the same with 30va 16vac power supply would also be 1.875 amps... Hope this clears that up...
Be Safe.
pge

Post by pge »

Hey James,

thanks for all the work, but to be honest:
This is simply unacceptable.
I am buying a camera for 130€, buying a transformer for 40€ and also paying an electrician to have the upgrade done to the power requirements stated in the items handbook and then it does not work as expected?

Where else am i as a consumer meant to do research as to what i need to have this item work?
I am neither an electrician, nor planning to become one, which is why i had an electrician review the manual, requirements, verify the transformer as i bought it and also install it.

I would really like a clarification by amcrest as to what im supposed to do now.
Sidenote: Since we're in the middle of a pandemic im unable to return this now used transformer to the merchant, since he denied return.

Edit: This is an AC/DC Transformer, simply differntiated by the ports you connect it on.
TechFrog467

Post by TechFrog467 »

I have the same exact problem. My doorbell works solidly during the day - at night it loses the network connection multiplet times. I have an alert setup within Blueiris to e-mail me - it's cycling all night long. Not a single blip during the day - it works great.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah in that case it sounds like a Bigger Power supply is needed... 16vac 30VA aka 1.875amps and if your using a 24vac you would need a 45va and is also 1.875amps

Then if you have one you would need to test the load... Also it could be that if yours is in the specs it might be that your Chime or Doorbell takes a large chunk... It might be that the Coil in the Doorbell is large and starves the Camera for power at night...
Be Safe.
Dingdongditch

Post by Dingdongditch »

I have exact same issue after upgrading the power supply,
and have followed OP exact same steps :roll:

My doorbell transformer is this 16v 30va
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HK ... UTF8&psc=1

The issue may stem from multiple sources accessing RTSP stream
When I had home-assistant + sighthound both accessing doorbell RTSP stream, had multiple times a day the doorbell blasts "Successfully reconnected to network".

When I disable home-assistant from accessing the RTSP stream, the voices stopped shouting.

Next issue would be IR cutoff at night where I cannot disable, the IR clicking noise when the filter toggles.
Other cameras have setting to disable this, but other threads have told not to change advanced settings on AD110 device because it might brick.

I am waiting for a firmware update to be able to change more advanced settings on camera via either web interface or within the app.