AD110 doorbell stiil constantly disconnects and reconnects...ridiculous

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Montythelab

AD110 doorbell stiil constantly disconnects and reconnects...ridiculous

Post by Montythelab »

AD110 doorbell... Has anyone figured out how to get this thing to connect and STAY connected? (constantly disconnects and reconnects as seen on log) I have a phenomical strength WIFI there and just replaced the transformer to a 16/30. WHat now? I am rapidly regretting building a Synology NAS to set-up these cams...I have an assigned IP to the doorbell cam/Orbi router/great signal/new transformer...give me a break here.
Montythelab

Re: AD110 doorbell stiil constantly disconnects and reconnects...ridiculous

Post by Montythelab »

I am to the point that I want to trash this camera and just pay for a Ring...I am tired of fighting with this...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally I think it is the Mesh Orbi that is the issue.. Sadly as an Idea if you had a Different Router say one that isn't Mesh I would try that and see if that keeps you connected...

Sadly there is just a lot of things that can be the factor in why this doorbell isn't working right.. I have a 16.5vac 2.5amp Transformer that I have had 2 cameras on without an issue.. So I am not really sure what or why .. Personally I would give a Different Router a Try
Be Safe.
Montythelab

Post by Montythelab »

No...I have a friend that has the same set-up but with a high end ASUS router (syno Nas w/ Amcrest Cams) and his cameras constantly disconnect and reconnect as well. My friend insists that I shouldn't worry about it because it doesn't affect recording. He thinks I should just mute the doorbell so it doesn't annoyingly chirp "disconnecting from network" and "Reconnecting to network" ...I think this all sucks and there should be a real solution besides throw away my new $600 router that I bought specifically to build this NVR system.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

my ad110 stayed connected to the wireless network but i have noticed lags and the occasional disconnects when the weather gets close to 110F and one some days it was just bad probably because of collisions with neighboring wireless networks. strong wireless signal doesn't necessarily translate to a quality signal when the wireless client is farthest from the access point and closest to neighboring wifi networks.

i have tested the setup using high end routers and enterprise class access points but i ended up with adding a wireless bridge between the ad110 and the access point--no lag and no disconnect.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I hate to say it but yesterday I had some issues where my AD110 was setting off my Alarm on my NVR.. Looked over the system and it was connected..

So I launched Digital Watchdog software and looked at the connection and system was reporting Loss Packets but was staying connected but still reporting loss packets...

I rebooted the Router the AD110 is connected to and Digital Watchdog is no longer showing Loss Packets and my Alarm is no longer going off saying that AD110 is offline even though it did stay connected and keep recording I am guessing that the Packet Loss was causing the NVR to detect that it was going offline again only time it shows in PLayback that it was offline is when I did a Reboot of the Router...
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Coincidentally, just yesterday my son was having a similar issue with his Orbi mesh having intermittent disconnects and really slow WiFi bandwidth. Turns out his wireless Astro headphones (transmitting on 2.4Ghz) were in the same room as one of the Orbi's he was connected to. This was causing major interference. All good now with the headphones relocated.

And for what it's worth, I have never noticed my AD110 disconnecting.
testuser

Post by testuser »

I'm about to pickup an Orbi this week and have the same doorbell. So is this the only incident of this issue? Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not about to let a doorbell camera dictate what mesh WiFi system I purchase.
FunnyTheWayItIs

Post by FunnyTheWayItIs »

If you’re using a Dual-Band router and have the SSID (network name) the same for both channels, then some smart devices that only work on 2.4ghz will have trouble staying connected to the 2.4ghz channel since the 5.0ghz channel has the same name (the device can’t distinguish).

To fix this, change your 2.4ghz SSID to a different name than your 5.0. Then connect your camera or doorbell to that WiFi network name (2.4).

Alternatively, your dual band router may support a guest network that’s bound to the 2.4ghz network only. In my case, I have a 2.4 and 5.0 under the same SSID, and a separate guest network on 2.4 (router default).

Lower frequencies provide longer range, hence why most smart devices are built to use 2.4ghz only.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@FunnyTheWayItIs - This antiquated forum software unfortunately doesn't provide a way to upvote or like a post, but you get a thumbs up from me. I think this will help a lot of folks if they manage to find it. I have been using a dedicated home IoT SSID fixed at 2.4Ghz for both the reasons you state and for additional network segregation/security.