AD110 Doorbell Events to Home Assistant

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tlundste

AD110 Doorbell Events to Home Assistant

Post by tlundste »

While my AD110 doorbell was running on 1.000.00AC008.0.R.210422, I was able to see "events" from the doorbell in the open source application Home Assistant, and act upon them via home automation routines (play a doorbell chime on smart speakers in the house, etc). Events were things like NTP checking for time, motion detected, and one that corresponded to a doorbell press, amongst others.
After upgrading to 1.000.00AC008.2.R.20220907, those events have stopped.

1. Was something that allowed this communication removed from the firmware?
2. Is there a place I can grab the older .210422 version, and manually install that firmware (downgrading the firemware)?
3. If so, where can I find the procedures for downgrading?

Thank you!
GaryOkie

Re: AD110 Doorbell Events to Home Assistant

Post by GaryOkie »

This is an OH SH!T update that I was very concerned that Amcrest would pull. I had very recently asked @eliamcrest to clarify if this was going to be the direction for any future update to the SmartHome devices, but never got a reply.

See: https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... tml#p41531

Yes, you can ask Amcrest Support for an older firmware and the configtool app to install it. At least, you could before now.

@eliamcrest - you guys better get prepared to get bombarded by pissed off Home Assistant, Blue Iris, and other 3rd party app users who will soon unknowingly kill LOCAL API control and event handling that was working so nicely on the AD110 and AD410.

Was neutering LOCAL API access mentioned in the release notes?

@tlundste - I'm assuming local API access was disabled along with the ability for HASS to subscribe to events. I should not assume that. Please do a quick test to confirm if this works or not:

<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All
eliamcrest

Post by eliamcrest »

GaryOkie wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:00 pm This is an OH SH!T update that I was very concerned that Amcrest would pull. I had very recently asked @eliamcrest to clarify if this was going to be the direction for any future update to the SmartHome devices, but never got a reply.

See: https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... tml#p41531

Yes, you can ask Amcrest Support for an older firmware and the configtool app to install it. At least, you could before now.

@eliamcrest - you guys better get prepared to get bombarded by pissed off Home Assistant, Blue Iris, and other 3rd party app users who will soon unknowingly kill LOCAL API control and event handling that was working so nicely on the AD110 and AD410.

Was neutering LOCAL API access mentioned in the release notes?

@tlundste - I'm assuming local API access was disabled along with the ability for HASS to subscribe to events. I should not assume that. Please do a quick test to confirm if this works or not:

<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All
Apologies to my belated response to the last post, I was out of the office on Friday and Mondays I am usually focusing on getting caught up with emails sent over the weekend.

If the local API is no longer working after that firmware update, that's something I can definitely take to our developers to ask about.
tlundste

Post by tlundste »

Yes, @GaryOkie ... that does return a page of table entries and values.
Yet, there are no events visible from the amcrest listener in Home Assistant.
Can you determine any new info from that?

Also, how hard is it to get the old firmware? I have the IP Config Tool already loaded on my workstation.
eliamcrest

Post by eliamcrest »

tlundste wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:07 pm While my AD110 doorbell was running on 1.000.00AC008.0.R.210422, I was able to see "events" from the doorbell in the open source application Home Assistant, and act upon them via home automation routines (play a doorbell chime on smart speakers in the house, etc). Events were things like NTP checking for time, motion detected, and one that corresponded to a doorbell press, amongst others.
After upgrading to 1.000.00AC008.2.R.20220907, those events have stopped.

1. Was something that allowed this communication removed from the firmware?
2. Is there a place I can grab the older .210422 version, and manually install that firmware (downgrading the firemware)?
3. If so, where can I find the procedures for downgrading?

Thank you!
If you make a ticket with us via https://amcrest.com/smarthomesupport, I can personally provide you with an older firmware version and instructions on how to install it. Just mention that you want to speak with "Eli" in the description.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I did not have the new FW so I got it form Eli and I installed it, I ran the CGI Gary passed along and the old 2021 was 70 pages of text and the new FW was to the bottom of 71 pages of text so there is some more things in the code. Not sure why it would stop on HA. Maybe the way HA was supported before, I don't have it so I don't know.
However passed it along to Eli and I see he has offered how to get the file from him from Support.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
tlundste

Post by tlundste »

@eliamcrest
Support ticket entered. Let me know what you think. Thank you!
tlundste

Post by tlundste »

Eli came through with the version in between the two versions mentioned above... so, one version back from current, if I understood him... 20210712.
That version works with Home Assistant (but the no exterior light, no IR light image quality is back to being as bad as it was on 210422. I'm seeing if I can get access to two or three versions prior to 210422, to see if it all works on that. Maybe one of those is what I was using prior to 210422.

Thank you, @eliamcrest !
Capture1766

Post by Capture1766 »

I've updated to the latest firmware and now received the following error.

23/11/2022 13:34:03 [INFO] Software version: 1.000.00AC008.2.R (2022-09-07)
23/11/2022 13:35:14 [INFO] Software version: 1.000.00AC008.2.R (2022-09-07)
23/11/2022 14:41:35 [INFO] Exiting app...
23/11/2022 15:57:34 [ERROR] Amcrest error: Client error '403 Forbidden' for url 'http://192.168.5.216/cgi-bin/eventManag ... codes=[All]'

I can load http://192.168.5.216/cgi-bin/configMana ... me=Network without an issue.

I've requested the previous firmware to downgrade via the amrest support channel.
Attachments
ad110 403.png
ad110 403.png (62.02 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@eliamcrest - many thanks for the online support here.

Well, it's good news that the Amcrest HTTP API still seems to be working for at least obtaining the firmware configurations. The really bad news is that the ability to subscribe to real time events the doorbell issues is broken with this new firmware according to @tlundste and @Capture1766 reports.

This is the API command Home Assistant (and many others) rely on for detecting events for any Amcrest (or Dahua) camera:

Code: Select all

/cgi-bin/eventManager.cgi?action=attach&codes=[All]
This is now throwing a 403-Forbidden error as you can see from Capture1766's Home Assistant debug log. This is a critical error that warrants pulling the AD110 update immediately IMO - as well as ensuring the upcoming AD410 update doesn't have the same issue.