AD110 Doorbell + Dahua NVR + DMSS app + DST offset

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ExTechjunkie

AD110 Doorbell + Dahua NVR + DMSS app + DST offset

Post by ExTechjunkie »

Despite the many setup and config woes, I love my AD110 doorbell. I've got everything dialed in and working with my Dahua/Amcrest NVR, Blue Iris, Alexa, the SmartPSS desktop app, and the DMSS iPhone app.

There's one issue that I've yet to resolve and I'm hoping someone here with more knowledge or experience can help me with...

Only during the time when my timezone observes Daylight Savings Time does this issue occur. It only occurs for the channel of my NVR that records the AD110 doorbell, and only in the DMSS iPhone app. No other cameras/channels have this issue and neither the desktop SmartPSS app nor the NVR console itself is affected.

The issue is this... whenever I attempt playback on the NVR channel of my doorbell in the DMSS iPhone app, if DST is presently being observed, no matter what time I select to begin playback from, playback jumps back one hour and begins playing from that 1hr-older point in time instead of the time I selected. If I wish to playback the most recently recorded video from less than an hour ago, I simply can't. This issue does not present itself during standard time, only during daylight savings.

I have 12 other cams connected to my NVR besides the AD110. Some are Amcrest, others are various ONVIF compatible cams of other brands. No other channel has this weird playback issue in the DMSS app. All NVR channels, including that of the AD110 playback normally in the SmartPSS app and in the NVR console.

All cams have the same timezone and DST offset rules applied and all use the same local NTP time server including the AD110. The timestamp shown on the video is correct.

It is as if there is a DST-offset value being mistreated or omitted somewhere. I've checked all the doorbell cam's values returned by the http API and couldn't find any NTP values there relating to DST offset. In the Amcrest Smart Home app, the DST toggle is enabled.