AD110 Doorbell chime doesnt work after blocking internet access

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
foefyre

AD110 Doorbell chime doesnt work after blocking internet access

Post by foefyre »

AD110, I setup the camera as per the guide and connected to blue iris but when I blocked the cameras access to the web the doorbell chime no longer works. I have reset the device already and its joining back to my network and recording but no doorbell chime.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Doorbell chime doesnt work after blocking internet access

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I will have to play around with mine in a little while as I don't know how being removed from the Internet would cause the indoor chime not to work..

So to make sure I understand your issue. You connected your system, connected using the SMART HOME app and then connected it to BI all while checking that the doorbell would work. Then after doorbell worked and connected to BI you removed from having internet access and now the indoor chime no longer works?

Or did you just power it up and connect to BI Remove from internet and when you pressed button it wouldn't ring the indoor chime?
Be Safe.
foefyre

Post by foefyre »

I had set it up and validated everything worked beforehand (doorbell ring and all that, its set as mechanical). I even got the notification somone was at the door when i pushed the button. But once I cut internet access from the firewall the doorbell chime quit as well for some reason. I can understand the alerts not working but the doorbell chime? that should be mechanical.

It does stream the video with no issue to blue iris. I just haven't sat down to get the talk or notification working if thats a feature. I am wanting everything to go through blue iris for better access control before rolling the rest of the system out.

I just bought the blue iris software last week so im still learning it. So if theres anything else I need to setup please let me know.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure that talk out side of the Smart Home app is something that will work either. Without internet access the talk most likely wouldn't work. I know there are some people that have used CGI and or some other type of commands for things to work the way they want them I have not heard of anyone getting the push doorbell and talk feature to work outside of the SH App..

So then my Question is if you give it access again, does your bell work again? I removed mine from access and when I press the button the doorbell rings.

I have not removed mine from the app and re installed it that is going to be my next test. The reason I say this is because there is some info going around that they were working on Removing the doorbell skip from the app and make it so the setup skips it by default. So I will Reset and remove mine and setup again to see if the Skip option is still there because if the App was updated and the Skip isn't there then the doorbell indoor unit would have to be manually be added..

I am not sure there is a connection between internet and doorbell ring.. Seeing all that happens when the button is pressed with active doorbell is it completes the connection to let power to pass though the doorbell. If there was no Doorbell added then the press of the button wouldn't do anything outside of sending an alert to the SH app on the device it was setup with..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So just reset my camera and set it back up i did set this with a video I just have to post it. Seeing I made this video using a 841eb and 841v3 cameras on my 4108e nvr will need to convert and then upload.

Mine worked with no access to network access

So if your chime not working fastest way to check is give yours access again and make sure it really works when you have access. If not I would look at your wiring and app to make sure 1, you have chime enabled in app and 2, that there is no broken wires to your indoor chime
Be Safe.
foefyre

Post by foefyre »

I lost power last night so everything had a chance to reboot. I tested the doorbell camera and it rang just fine but when I connected it back to blue iris it will no longer ring. So while offline it will ring when not connected to blue iris it seems.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know. I only used BI for the time demo. After that I have not tried it again. Personally I don't like things out side Amcrest knowing what my password is. I am not sure BI does anything with that data when entered into the program however I have not used again and changed my password to all my devices since having it connected..

Outside of that, When you connected it, you setup with Amcrest and the Device was AD110, ASH21 and ASH26 (RTSP)?

Using your Doorbells IP address, Enabling the Audio..

Personally not sure why or how BI would drop out your doorbell camera from working right. Only thing I can think of is that there is something your setting up that makes it change something within the camera and doing so turns off the ability to work as expected..

Ok did a Search in Amcrest and found what should be done to setup the doorbell in BI now I am sure you have seen it but thought I would offer the link incase maybe there was something in your setup that needs to change from the offering of the setup from Amcrest..

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -Blue-Iris
Be Safe.
DebrodeD

Post by DebrodeD »

Just want to post something that I just came across in regards to using the Amcrest Doorbell with Blue Iris. If you enable "Setup RTSP back-channel for talk support (PCM-U format)" in Blue Iris in the doorbell's network config settings, then your chime won't work! I tried everything, including an RMA and multiple chime kits (sorry Amcrest). I finally realized that whenever I hooked up the camera to Blue Iris, that's when my chime would stop working. Then I started flipping settings until I found it.

In short, make sure "Setup RTSP back-channel for talk support (PCM-U format)" is disabled in Blue Iris for the Amcrest Doorbell cam or your physical chime that it's hooked up to will not chime (nor will the unit itself).