AD110 Doorbell Auto Night Vision Reboot

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
eko3alpha

AD110 Doorbell Auto Night Vision Reboot

Post by eko3alpha »

I'm having the same reboot problem at night when Night Vision is set to Auto.

I've replaced the transformer to a 40VA as well as installed the chime kit. The following threads probably have the same issue. My neighbor has the same exact issue as myself and he's upgraded his transformer as well. We both are using Synology NVR, Surveillance Station to store the video feed.

AD110 Frequent Reconnects Reboots
https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 13755.html

AD110 Doorbell Persistent Night Vision Off
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 13999.html

Amcrest AD110 Doorbell Night Mode Issue
https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 13518.html

Video Doorbell AD110 Losing Connection at Night
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 13712.html

Here is what I've been able to observe.

At night time if IR is on Auto, it constantly cycles off/on you can see it clearly using Ping Plotter. It's so perfectly predictable.
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 7.29.15 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 7.29.15 PM.jpg (113.91 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
However, if I keep Night Vision setting to either ON/OFF, no issues whatsoever.

I got so frustrated with this issue I wrote a script to address the problem.

https://github.com/eko3alpha/Amcrest-AD ... ion-Script

This script gets around the problem by manually setting Night Vision mode based on the sunrise/sunset time of your location. If it's night time it will force it to be on if it's daytime it will force it to be off.

I've used this script now for 2 nights and I no longer have reboot issues.

I'm using the following API calls.

Turn off Night Vision

Code: Select all

http://192.168.1.xxx/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off
Turn on Night Vision

Code: Select all

http://192.168.1.xxx/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=ForceOn
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Doorbell Auto Night Vision Reboot

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

I am not sure what or why the Ping Plotter does what it does.. I can tell you that I have used that program and if the Red lines is to show package Drops there is some issues that one of my programs is telling lies about my system then.. Ping Plotter has a red line 30 seconds later another red line and then 5 minutes it cycles and does the same thing again and I can tell you that I have a program that is able to log into my Doorbell camera and Check for lag and any issues in deeper then Ping Plotter as it has the Password and user for access and looking over the same time of history I can see when a Car goes by as both programs go into a higher state of activity then when it is in stand by mode..

So I am not sure about the Script you made. Not sure with you being a new user how many people are going to feel like they should use a script of a new person with only thing posted is about this Doorbell.. I have watched my Ping Plotter and only see high times when there is Motion to the front of the camera. Not sure the Relation of your very large Red lines I have never had that while I have had some very short ones

If I had to guess there might be an issue over the Network.. This isn't all my network devices this is only what I could get on the screen from others being in a different IP range but you can see there are a few items in my Network but I have not had any Packet loss nor does my camera go offline

I would guess check your Wiring, and check your network for lag, maybe even Reboot the Router..

In my network there are more switches then shown as well again they are behind one of the other routers in different IP range, along with 6 ip cameras on a 8ch POE nvr about mile away. Right click an image and show in new tab to see full screen to make it so it isn't blurry
02082021.png
02082021.png (268.51 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
020820211.png
020820211.png (58.46 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also I am not sure if you know but using that program your always Flooding the IP with Pings and then that is the request being answered that comes up in that list that you posted!? After playing with the program little more I remembered why I stopped using it myself..

Sadly don't think the issue is related to IR

I have my Camera setup on Auto, Here is what Ping Plotter looks like after I turn off Network scan and only have it pinging the Camera at this area of the program.. Last Picture I did a Reboot of the camera
020820212.png
020820212.png (61.51 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
02082021Reboot.png
02082021Reboot.png (62.3 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Be Safe.
eko3alpha

Post by eko3alpha »

I'm using Ping Plotter because it's the most obvious way the issue manifests itself. I assure you there is nothing wrong with my network or signal strength with -35dbm, 300-400 Mbps at the doorbell, and a beefier transformer.

When it goes offline it does so on the preview app as well as Synology preview, as well as announcing itself to the whole neighborhood.

It's clear, at least for my use case that when I have Night Vision set to auto I get into the reboot loop. Why would that be the case? When I set Night Vision to On or Off, the reboot loop disappears!

Leading me to believe something is going on with Auto Night Vision mode.

What other conclusions would you arrive at?

I've used my script now for 2 nights and going on a third. Clearly, something is going on, there are way too many posts regarding IR and Night Vision to be a coincidence.
eko3alpha

Post by eko3alpha »

If you look at the recording history from the Synology app you can see the same issue. Offline/Online...
Attachments
6FF9B82E-E84F-4A42-8AE5-4B53966597A6.jpeg
6FF9B82E-E84F-4A42-8AE5-4B53966597A6.jpeg (104.83 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so from the sounds and I am sorry to say I have had this issue once and I hate to say it it was after a long time without any real issue or (That) issue. Only thing that happen was I made a connection to another older 8ch NVR while connected to my other 16ch NVR and the older one was on older FW that I had not used for long time. While it is Dahua it was only thing that was online and in place. I tried to make an Adjustment to Ch6 that I thought was a different Camera, come to find out it was my Doorbell.. After this my doorbell had the off on off on network issue. I then went to the Doorbell camera and did a Factory reset, This Reset didn't cure the issue at first, So I did another Reset and this time also did a Delete of the doorbell camera in the App, After this Reset and Adding back to the App that Issue went away..

So with that said...

I will say This.. This Camera while it is able to work ONVIF I honestly think it is bad Idea to use it on 3rd Party Products like Blue Iris and NAS products like Synology.. To tell you the Truth as of 2 or 3 weeks ago now I even removed it from my Amcrest NVR.. This only because after the last Update to 922 the doorbell camera while it works in Smart Home app for viewing it no longer works in motion or any other system well... Then I made a Mistake of trying it in one of MY DVR's that has PIR Ability and things and while I didn't make any adjustments to the camera in the DVR it has done something that Now my Amcrest NVR only wants to run it in D1 Format of 704x480 and that just look like junk lol.. So I removed it from my 4k NVR where it was working just fine for the longest time with some testing mishaps...

Sadly if your system is going offline it needs to be Removed from the NAS, and Reset.. I would guess it will cure the issue with going offline... There is another issue at foot.. Something was changed within the camera on the NAS and now it is in a bad mood...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is the post about that

"Re: WOW I feel like I have a NEW NVR with 2020 FW lol
Postby Revo2Maxx » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Ok so I am not sure if this was just me or if it was a Fluke..

Last night I did a Factory Reset of the NVR because I was having some issues with my Doorbell camera Huh Wait me issues with my Doorbell camera going offline lol.. Yeah sadly I tried over my NVR to change Encoding for all my Channels and didn't think about the DB so when I got to that channel I made changes and after that the NVR and DB was going on and off and doorbell wouldn't stay connected, SO I thought ok do a DB Reboot, I rebooted my DB and still same issue.. So I Removed it from power, Still same issue after being returned to power.. It wouldn't stay connected so I did a Reset of the DB.. IT was acting funny so I thought maybe the NVR is changing things so I did a Factory Reset on that...

I went back added in my Cameras, Then everything was going well no more issues with DB going offline.. So I looked over things and seen that main was setup to record so I left that area on all channels.. I changed some to be Motion only and some to be Motion and full time.. The only thing I didn't do is change to where Sub was Recording Auto or even Manual as I normally have it setup for but was told it didn't matter only would record 1 anyway.. So I left for Main.. Well some reason when I returned today and was going to make a Video I found that since I did a Reset last night shortly after 11pm EST I had no Records of any type on all channels WTH...

The Second part I will remove from this post only because it was related to the Topic of the Thread not really this post itself as it would only confuse someone reading this in relation to this current issue in this Thread This was edited out"

That part about sayd The Second Part I removed the Part as it would only confuse for this topic
Be Safe.
eko3alpha

Post by eko3alpha »

Last night I decided to test Synology. I set motion sensitivity to its highest and put in a flicker bulb. As you can see the doorbell and Synology had no issue recording the whole night, so long as Night Vision was set to On.

6A27A796-5CAE-428C-B195-D8AB3848FDF5.jpeg
6A27A796-5CAE-428C-B195-D8AB3848FDF5.jpeg (186.1 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
However, when I put the camera’s Night Vision on Auto, like clockwork it went into its boot loop.

Now here is the interesting part, I disable Synology while the camera is set for Night Vision Auto... and the camera stays online...

So here are the conditions for my camera to fail

- Night Vision set to Auto
- It only happens at night
- Synology has to be enabled
eko3alpha

Post by eko3alpha »

With that being said, tonight I'm going to do another test. I will set the camera on Auto Night Vision and then put a box on it. I want to see if the lights across the street are triggering night vision to go on/off in rapid succession that it's pulling too much power and shutting down? The idea is to force the Night Vision to be on and not have any light source triggering it to turn off. This will help narrow down the issue a bit more. I will come back with the results tomorrow morning.
eko3alpha

Post by eko3alpha »

I did a test last night and narrowed down the issue. The issue is with the Night Vision threshold. It's set too low and it keeps going in and out of night vision, eventually shutting down the camera.

Test case:
- Night time
- Set Night Vision to Auto
- Put box around the camera to force it to stay in Night Vision.

In this above setup, the camera did not shut down. I then removed the box from the camera. I watched as the IR turned off and then back on, a few times. You could hear the clicking noise as it switched. A few moments later the camera went offline.

There are some street lights that may be interfering with the sensitivity. I also have a white post and handrail that seems to be bright enough to force the night vision to turn off, and then back on.

I'm pretty confident now it has to do with the threshold settings for when the Night Vision turns on/off. If I could modify it via API or the app, that would probably stop the cycling.

Outside of playing with undocumented API's and possibly bricking the camera. I think I'm done with any more troubleshooting. It's out of my hands at this point and I feel confident the problem has been identified.

My script works, set this as a cron/task/service running every so often. In my case every 20 minutes. I'll continue to use the script until Amcrest comes out with a Night Vision sensitivity setting.

https://github.com/eko3alpha/Amcrest-AD ... ion-Script

If anyone knows the API to change the Night Vision sensitivity threshold feel free to share.