Activating 1080p dome camera on the cloud.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kefkasan

Activating 1080p dome camera on the cloud.

Post by kefkasan »

So I cannot find what I should put in for the camera token. Considering I have everything else setup I figured I would find it somewhere along the way but no luck. There are 4 HDCVI Dome cameras installed and operating with 210 gb playback on my harddrives.

background info:

Hi there. Finally have the cameras setup so that I can acces them for a live view with my phone. Also I have it setup so I can switch out displays with my monitor to access the security box directly with HDMI which seems to have a lot of options in it. Also I have the the surveillance Pro app on my computer so I am able to do a live view and have remote storage on my E: and C: drives. I have allocated 10 gb and 200gb respectively for playback on the computer app. Also I have signed up for the AMcrestview app. My problem twofold: I am unable to view playback on the amcrestview app if the device is offline (which pretty much makes it pointless if the device were stolen). So I want to setup the cloudview ^^^.
kefkasan

Re: Activating 1080p dome camera on the cloud.

Post by kefkasan »

I am starting to think the hdcvi 1080p dome cameras are not cloud compatible. If so there surely must be a way to still upload the content saved on my HDD to a third party cloud. If anyone is savy with this sort of thing shoot me a text at Ajna Moogles Chakra on facebook. Either that or looks like I'll need to get another camera to go with the 4 from the package deal. I mean what is the point of having the security camera box recording if someone could simply disable your PC and take the box? The whole point is to catch a criminal for my setup.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello kefkasan ,

The cameras that comes with the DVR systems are not compatible with our cloud service. Only IP cameras are supported.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

kefkasan

Post by kefkasan »

If anyone has information on uploading content saved on DVR / computer HDD to a 3rd party cloud please message me I could shoot you a few dollars on paypal for the help. I can access the saved video through the AMcrest app but when I look for it as a file in the explorer am unable to locate it to upload to a 3rd party cloud. At this point I am thinking I'll add a couple wifi cameras to my dvr box. I mean the hdcvi cameras are pretty intimidating, and my dvr box is locked in a 300 lb kobalt cab while I'm away. But if someone did manage to take the computer and dvr box I would have no way of getting to the video playback to analyze the burglary. Just a little food for thought.
marynj

Post by marynj »

Hi I see that you are the only one online and I have the same issue with the dome camera. Is it working for you right now or are the servers down?
I have to HAVE the cameras running 27/7 due to an issue with the neighbor and my dogs. Please help
kefkasan

Post by kefkasan »

1080P dome? hdcvi? Are you trying to run it on the cloud or view app on your PC?
kefkasan

Post by kefkasan »

The internet connectivity wouldn't be an issue with the DVR if it is running on your PC. It should still be recording even if you can't check it remotely because of server issue.