Access to P2P from Windows 10

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
BasementGamer

Access to P2P from Windows 10

Post by BasementGamer »

I just bought an Amcrest Pro HD camera, and after setting it up I tried to connect to the P2P service using amcrestview.com, but from what I read it only works with Internet Explorer and Safari. Funny thing is, Windows 10 doesn't support either of the browsers. Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Edge, and Safari is no longer available for Windows. That leaves me with only Google Chrome, which is not supported.

I really need this functionality. Can you please add support for Google Chrome?
Briarfox

Re: Access to P2P from Windows 10

Post by Briarfox »

Win 10 does have IE. You do not have to use edge. Just type internet into the win 10 search box. However I find Firefox works best with web view. IE would not allow video playback.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Access to P2P from Windows 10

Post by Melvin »

Hello BasementGamer,
Windows 10 also should have internet explorer though not visible. You can try opening the camera in Edge and then click on the top right settings for 'Edge' and there must be an option - open with Internet Explorer. Please try that or you can download Firefox and it should work fine.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us