access IP2M-853EW PTZ missing the password

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
JohnLorens

access IP2M-853EW PTZ missing the password

Post by JohnLorens »

Is there a way to access and/or reset a PTZ camera IP2M-853EW having lost the password with the default username admin. This Amcrest camera is mounted on a 30 ft narrow triangular tower (a typical old Ham Radio mast). I can access the PTZ camera internal configuration site log-in, 192.168.0.134 on this network, but without the password, I can not join this camera to the NVR completely. Any attempts to discover a possible password just counts down the number of allowable attempts. As a last resort, I would have to hire a "cherry picker" contractor to get up to the top of the old antenna mast to open it and press the hard reset button. Is there a back door password or alternate method to cause the PTZ to return to its factory default settings of admin & admin. Please advise and thank you in advance. John
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: access IP2M-853EW PTZ missing the password

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Backdoor? Really? Hate to say it that a camera in 2023 if there was a back door to reset the cameras password that would have been trolled and fixed before it ever hit the light of day. Even amcrest can't do a password reset without the back of the camera open. Wouldn't be a very good Security Camera if it was able to be Backdoor Reset.
Be Safe.
JohnLorens

Re: access IP2M-853EW PTZ missing the password

Post by JohnLorens »

Ok well good for Amcrest and the users. Bad for me cause I'll have to climb up there may or rent a cherry picker to get there and rest it since my sub didn't write it down or lost it. Thank you for confirming what I suspected. Have a good weekend. John