Access Cameras behind NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
drinkingguinness

Access Cameras behind NVR

Post by drinkingguinness »

So I would like to be able to access my cameras that are connected to the switch portion of my NVR (NV4108E). My Home network is a 192.168.1.0/24 and the NVR switch network is 10.1.1.0/24. I have tried configuring a static route on my router to point 10.1.1.0/24 to the NVR's ip address of 192.168.1.100 but the traffic never makes it to the cameras. Is this functionality even possible on these NVRs?

Thanks!
nbraunstein

Re: Access Cameras behind NVR

Post by nbraunstein »

You need a POE injector or switch....I know. I would have purchased the wifi nvr and a decent managed switch if I had known.
nyJules

Post by nyJules »

I just finished setting up the 8-port PoE NV2108E network recorder. If I would have known that the PoE switch that's built into the recorder must be on a different network segment than my regular LAN, I would have purchased an NVR that has only the single ethernet port to connect to my network.

From the beginning, I wanted to have direct access to any of my IP cameras, as well as accessing them through the NVR.

What I had to do was purchase a PoE switch to provide power to the IP PoE cameras... (any port on the PoE switch plugs into one of my network router ports). Then mpty port on the switch.

Now, my NVR, Wi-Fi IP cams, PoE IP cams are all part of my network. All devices obtain IP addresses from my router's DHCP pool of addresses. To avoid headaches, I used the Static DHCP feature of the router to make sure that each IP cam gets a SPECIFIC IP address from the DHCP pool. (The specific IP address is matched to each camera's unique MAC address).

Anyhow, I'm happy (even though I have 8 empty PoE ports on the back of my new NV2108
markcm

Post by markcm »

I'm not sure I follow what is trying to be done although I have an NVR 4108 (not the e). I have a mix of wired and wireless cameras, all connected to my LAN as the 4108 doesnt have ethernet ports on it. I have all of my cameras set to a fixed IP, I can view them directly as a camera in the Amcrest view app, or as a channel in the group of NVR channels, and if I'm in my house I can log into my NVR's IP address to access it's web view and see all my cameras there as well ( I use chrome with IETAB extension).
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

nyJules wrote:I just finished setting up the 8-port PoE NV2108E network recorder. If I would have known that the PoE switch that's built into the recorder must be on a different network segment than my regular LAN, I would have purchased an NVR that has only the single ethernet port to connect to my network.
So just to confirm this, if you're using an Amcrest PoE NVR then you can't access the cameras directly any more, only through the NVR's GUI? That's a bit of a pain if you want to configure them directly via their web UI.

On the other hand given all the problems with IP cameras, it's also a feature since if you can't get to the cameras directly then neither can the bad guys.
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

I ran into the same issue with the NV4108E. I needed to access the Web interface of the PoE cameras. They are located on a different subnet (10.1.1.x). However, it was an easy fix. I was using Chrome to access the NVR. When you go to the "REMOTE DEVICE" list to view the list of cameras, the cameras will have the IE icon link under the browser column. That link doesn't work in Chrome. However, if you use "Internet Explorer" to access the NVR, the links will work and allow you to open the web interface of all the cameras (WiFi, Wired Ethernet, and PoE).

The URL of the PoE cameras are:
http://"IP-of-NVR":10080, http://"IP-of-NVR":10081, http://"IP-of-NVR":10082, etc....

NOTE:
You must use "Internet Explorer" Not "Edge".
MadManwithaBlueBox

Post by MadManwithaBlueBox »

I too am having this problem.

Is there any other way to access the internal settings of the IP cameras themselves as I tried the above suggestion with the specific port numbers mentioned, I even dug out Internet Explorer just this once to test and it said can't reach this page.

I did a port scan on the NVRs IP address to see what ports it said were open, just in case that was of help, but it only gave me the main web port 80 and a couple of others 8686,37777 and 554, nothing in the 10080 range.

I purchased the NV4108E specifically to have all the cameras connected on their own separate network, but would still like to be able to directly access the internal settings since there isn't that much that is accessible from within the NVR interface itself.

I would prefer not to have to connect the camera directly to my router via a separate POE switch as that defeats the point of buying the more expensive POE version of the NVR.
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

Not to sound funny, but I hope you're typing the IP address of the NVR without the quotes.
In my case it's http://192.168.22.51:10080 for the 1st camera since the IP of my NVR is 192.168.22.51.
Also, what happens when you click on the IE icon while logged into the NVR interface with Internet Explorer?
Attachments
IE.JPG
IE.JPG (28.3 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Z-Man

Sounds great and would love to see this in Action. I don't have a NVR so sadly I don't have the Real World Ability to test this... What I know about NVR and Networking this don't make since unless the NVR is Port Forwarding the 10.1.1.XXX number to your 192.168.22.51 number. Then I guess you would be able to access anything that is going to as you said :10080, 10081, and so on... There are a lot of people out there that are trying to do the same thing. With your Video it would help show others...

As you said can't do this in Chrome... So I would start off the Video with Chrome and show that it don't work. Then Load up IE going to the Normal IP of your NVR, Then access of your camera. Maybe do a Split Screen with Ipconfig showing your Current IP and the IP of the camera would be in the IE part... This would help out a lot of others...Then I guess the Question would be is your 4108E the older or the newer HS? As some might not have same abilities as your device...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So while I am not sure again... I am going to guess that the issue with others is if there is a feature within the NVR under NETWORK... Maybe there is an advanced area that offers Virtual Host option somewhere then i can see this working well... Maybe some info about how you have your network portion of your NVR setup as well. Sorry I am not there so I can't see and other while seeing what you did in a video maybe not enough without knowing of maybe you enabled a feature that others would need to enable as well... Just idea...
Be Safe.