A different wireless issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dharper

A different wireless issue

Post by dharper »

I have a wireless issue that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere before. I recently purchased an Amcrest IP2M-841 Wi-Fi camera. I set it up with IP Config on my Windows 7 desktop computer hardwired to my router. I access the camera with the Google Chrome browser and the Amcrest Web View App. That works fine. I also set up a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows 10 laptop with Google Chrome and Amcrest Web View. They both work fine. And finally I set up an Amazon fire Tablet with Amcrest View Lite. That worked fine.

All four computers were working fine with the camera until two days ago when the Windows 7 laptop suddenly was no longer able to see the camera. When I launch the Amcrest Web View App in Chrome and enter the camera's IP address (192.168…) after maybe 15 seconds I get the error message: "This site can’t be reached". All the other computers/tablet continue working as usual. Chrome on this one misbehaving computer can access the Internet with WiFi just fine, just not the IP camera.

Any ideas of what might be causing this problem on just the Windows 7 laptop?

- David Harper