960H 16 Not working with FireFox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
boogieman

960H 16 Not working with FireFox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer

Post by boogieman »

Hi Forum,
I was wondering if anyone has any tricks to get a browser to work with the 960H. In Chrome or FireFox it tells me to download the plugin (did multiple times). In internet explorer I am able to login but no video plays. I can login and view videos in android client but that is somewhat limited in what I need to do. Does anyone have any ideas how to jumpstart this or hopefully Amcrest would be able to confirm that they are aware and working on a solution for this thing. (That would be great)

Windows 10 64 1607 14393.693
Chrome: Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)
FireFox 52.0.1
Internet Explorer: 11.576.14393.0

DVR:
Model AMDV960H16
build 1603250
Hw No H3MB07
Cfg v 2.0.0.0

Thanks in advance
carcioni

Re: 960H 16 Not working with FireFox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer

Post by carcioni »

Possibly due to the removal of NPAPI support, which I believe the plugin relies upon.
This applies to recent Chrome, current FF, and newer versions of IE.

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Problems ... ta-p/31069
markcm

Post by markcm »

There seems to be several active similar threads on this subject right now.

My solution has been using "IE TAB" extension in Chrome browser. I've had no issues viewing any of my Foscam, or Amcrest cameras and my amcrest NVR
boogieman

Post by boogieman »

carcioni wrote:Possibly due to the removal of NPAPI support, which I believe the plugin relies upon.
This applies to recent Chrome, current FF, and newer versions of IE.

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Problems ... ta-p/31069
As a temp fix I followed this link

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/03/forc ... pi-support

based on your post and i got it working again on my firefox.

However, I hope amcrest is working on a html 5 version without the use of JRE
boogieman

Post by boogieman »

markcm wrote:There seems to be several active similar threads on this subject right now.

My solution has been using "IE TAB" extension in Chrome browser. I've had no issues viewing any of my Foscam, or Amcrest cameras and my amcrest NVR
Hey, that works too, good call :)
mystic860

Post by mystic860 »

What aggravates me about all this is the total lack of acknowledgement by Amcrest to their user community about what the plan is going forward. I have contacted support and their response is to downgrade, whereby this a work around when asked what the solution will be and a time line I got the standard we're working on it answer only. As I see it there are currently 4 work arounds I know of.
1. Downgrade FF
2. Use IE 11 (this does work for me on win10 x64 latest build and patch level).
3. the solution posted above ( I was not aware of this one, good find).
4. One I am using, as the web applet used by amcrest is somewhat standard in the ipcam arena, I went looking else where and found firefox has a release called esr (Extended support release) which can be found and is talked about here. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/. The latest build 52.0.1esr works with the cameras.

all of these solutions seem to just kick the can down the road a little bit to keep us working until Amcrest decides to advise their supporters what is going on and when to expect a solution.
ski-me

Post by ski-me »

Thanks for the help. Yesterday I was checking the cameras on FF and went down to adjust the time on the Amcrest CPU. A few hours later I came back and FF had just updated. Great! Then logged into my cameras and no longer working. :( I thought I had done something but I guess it was the upgrade.

I use to use IE but after windows 10 upgrade, it changed to Edge, which does not work.

I am able to do the Chrome IE tab but it does look funky.

I can't seem to find any downloads for IE 11, windows 10 64-bit. Any link that is legit?

Just wish Amcrest would get a final, secure path rather than trying to find old browsers to make it work. I tried downgrading FF but it would not work. I tried 51.0.1......not working.
mystic860

Post by mystic860 »

reading your dilemma I thought through my post a bit more and found an area you may be getting tripped up on. Option 4 (firefox esr) it is key you dl and install the 32bit version. I had no luck with the 64 bit one but 32 worked fine on several of my systems. re-install the web plugin after.

As for Ie11, its built into win10, there should be nothing to download and install.
Browse to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and launch iexplore.exe
markcm

Post by markcm »

Food for thought:

All of my amcrest products view 100% correctly from home on multiple PC's using Chrome with IE-tab extension

NONE of my amcrest products view correctly from work where they have tight security and block plug-ins