863 or 1063? Anyone upgrade from older 85x to one of these

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

863 or 1063? Anyone upgrade from older 85x to one of these

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I know my 850's are old and have since come out with the 853 and 858 respectfully.. I was thinking about adding to my AI collection and thought I would maybe buy a 1063 however I seen a 863 is also offered and wonder if the 2 to 4 mp jump is that much better?

So I am sure that the 853 and 858 has much better camera then the 850 does and is why they upgraded within that model.. While my 850's work well enough coming from standard Analog PTZ that I still own and use the 850 is a upgrade to them in Picture Quality. However I do have some 5mp and 4mp cameras that are just not as good as some of my 2mp cameras when it comes to Motion detection. I will admit the 1046EW-AI and another 4mp Color at night cameras work great at night as long as the White LEDs are off.. I really wish they would work in Color and turn on the White LEDs on motion but they don't work that way...

However 1063 is IR like the 863 and just want to know if the 2mp would out shine the 4mp.. Both of them are out of stock right now so I have some time yet to learn what one would be better for my needs. Could put this where my 1046 is now or even put it on my Parapet to bring it up some personally think it would look funny to have the Parapet mounted there lol
Be Safe.
bryeartem

Re: 863 or 1063? Anyone upgrade from older 85x to one of these

Post by bryeartem »

I have a question about your 1046, you mentioned they work great at night.. I’ll explain a bit. My wife ordered one of these for my birthday because I happened to have one in the Amazon cart but hadn’t fully decided yet.. so awesome cuz I probably wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on my own.. so I put it up on the side of my garage and that first night the white LEDs turn on… I didn’t not realize this camera does not have it’s own IR for when the visible LEDs are off (my own fault for not reading closely) .. so I turned off the white LEDs and it is pitch black. There is some bright lights on the edge of image so I played with BLC which helped a tiny bit… but still not useable
Long story short.. I’m really not a fan of having the visible LEDs on, you mentioned it works great for you with them off, my thought is to switch that one to my front porch where there is some ambient light from the streetlight .. do you think my issue where it is now is just because it is Sooo dark where it currently is? I would hate to move it to the front porch but still have to turn on the white LEDs to get it to see well at night
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there are a few things here to note. I do have a camera that is in a low light area with lights in the distance and maybe it is not really low light because behind the neighbors fence they have a bright light that does cast shadows on my house that is about 186 feet from his light. However the area of VIEW that I want to see with the camera I can see and does show a good Color picture.

I do have the 1046EW-AI that I am working with on the front of my house, This camera is pointing to my Driveway towards the street, There are in the FOV a good few lights that help light the way and make it so this 4mp camera works well in the space that is lit and some of that light is from my porch light..

Then about White LED in general. I have another camera the 2 mentioned before are both 4mp and the 3rd is a 2mp. This camera is on an area that is Totally dark at night with the ability to have some extra light from 2 different Battery/solar powered LED motion lights that turn on one is about 50% of the FOV while the other one is really pointing the other direction and is 100% out of the FOV and is to low of power to matter.. This camera with no Light on at night it is Pitch Dark and can't see anything even with the camera in B/W mode. So I leave that camera with the LEDs on.. Something to note about this. When I head out to the back area where the camera is to be honest I can see the IR led of my Night cameras when looking in that direction more then I can really notice the White Light LEDs. Now that might be because the camera is facing away from my sight around 60 degrees from front. There is no real useable light to help me see the way and my 120 led Solar light comes on and helps light the path I am on way before I even get to any low amount of light from the cameras area (Light camera cast is very low) Wouldn't know looking at the camera footage..

Now why do I have the 1046 light off? To be honest because it causes to many Bugs and I can see the Humid, rain and all; like I can with normal IR cameras and there is enough light that I don't need the lights on. Plus from the way the camera is facing, The Height of the camera, I feel that it does attract the view of people passing by. While I promote my Cameras being able to be Seen that is already done enough as it is. I don't want to Invite people to see more then already can been seen...

I thought I had a video already made about the LEDs on and off and why I prefer to have them off already made. It looks like if I did make it I didn't upload it. So tonight I will make a Video as long as it isn't pouring down rain or as Humid as it was last night to show 2 different 4mp cameras at night in different areas I will also attempt to turn off the LED on the 2mp camera seeing that is an Analog camera and does have some options within the OSD of the camera it isn't always clear how to turn them off and one and even the 2 light options it offers don't really seem to change anything with the view of Night Color time...

The 2 4mp are in General same type camera one by Dahua and the other the 1046, The reason I am doing more then just the 1046 is so it can cover different things within the same time and same video and can see things within the same outdoor environment.. One of the things that kind of makes me mad when I see people claim this camera is less quality then that camera is they are not recorded at the same night or same kind of normal light conditions. When Overcast here the 1046 will turn B/W and that is on really Dark Nights most times it is just on Auto with the LEDS off and it stays in Color mode.. It is Very Humid out and raining right now so I hope it clears up..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would make something and while this does have more then the 1046EW-AI for view of cameras with the White LED on and white led off. I also show a 4mp Dahua Smart Box camera that is also LED white light at night with the light on and off. At the end I show my 2mp Annke Analog 2mp TVI camera that I normally keep the white light on at night. I show what it would look like with no lights on with that camera turning off the lights using the cameras OSD... It is still making a HD video to watch and the SD video is ready now.. https://youtu.be/7iNNFGuLrKs You can see it there..
Be Safe.