850EB and Safe Temperature Ranges

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

850EB and Safe Temperature Ranges

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all, So I have not had the Temp turned on my cameras and when I did I had them on the C format and to be Frank I just didn't like not knowing what the Temp was. So a couple of things, This year one of the 2 have moved to different location so far and I have changed the Temp to show F using CGI (Thanks again GaryOkie) and yesterday it was 90 out and my Camera was saying that it had reached 141F.. Sadly this 850 is in the first Generation of the line of PTZ's and don't have any of the cool info built into it like the newer ones.. Sadly this don't even have a Fan life like one of my older Samsung PTZ cameras have.. Or a couple of them do anyway.. While I know the 850 is a older camera. I am just trying to find out what other people that have these cameras what the Temp range get to.. Normally this camera was installed in the shaded covered area where now it is installed in an area that has 4 to 6 hours of Direct Sun

So it is early and current Real Feel temp is 95 outside and the Camera's temp is 116. If it wasn't for the fact this camera has a Western Digital Purple 128gb MSD.. If it wasn't such a pain to get the card in and out I think would remove the MSD.. Still may if Temps keep getting to 141 in the camera.. I didn't look at the other PTZ's that have temps on them yesterday but I will today one of my other cameras current temp is 127 so I will have to check them later in the hot of the day. The others in the shade are 85 and 93 so they are ok the 2 that are in Direct Sun are the highest temps..

So I understand what the data says.. 158 for 24vac and 140 at 12vdc.. However it don't talk about the Max temp for POEat, So that is why I am asking here.. Also has anyone lost any of these to heat?
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: 850EB and Safe Temperature Ranges

Post by jack7 »

Maybe the black color of the 850EB has something to do with it.
FWIW,  this page discusses camera temperatures.
https://www.getscw.com/support/faq/pain ... 20location.

When the sun comes out again someday, I'll check the temp of my white 858 PTZ.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks Jack7 that would be Great.. You running yours POE, 12v or 24vac?

All my cameras in shade today and exposed to sun, Black, White or Beige are all right now 109f and current outside temp is 69f I have not moved my other PTZ over to cool yet as it has been getting down to the 30's at night off and on still so I have it setup for Auto Heat and cool. Sadly my 850's don't have an option outside of just knowing what the TEMPS are wish it was like your 858 even though the online manual says it has the INFO output the 850FW last update offed is 2017 and manual is showing for newer PTZ menu and FW that the 850 don't have.. Oh well.. :)
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

About claims of cameras that get hot because they are Black while some of this is kind of true I have a few good cameras that are Black.. Remember I like to have my cameras seen so I don't care much about the color of my cameras I have all of my in use Amcrest cameras that are outdoors in Black and I think I have maybe 1/2 and 1/2 on 841's in Black or White.. 6 of each or something around there.. My 841v3 is White.. To be honest I prefer the black cameras.. Have 2 CVI white eyeball cameras that are not in use..

Sadly I can't say that I buy the whole color thing.. Looking at yesterdays numbers between my White G4 IR PTZ camera While it don't normally have a Temp setting I have changed it out with a different set of hardware and now is able to see the Temp from the OSD like some of my Samsung cameras seeing it was from a Samsung housing lol.. Anyway looking at all my cameras yesterday that have Temps none of them got over 131 and while my 850 was at 111 one of my White Dual walled PTZ camera was at 127. Today while writing this the 850 is at 113 and my white one is at 123 and the ones in the shade are still under 95 right now.. So I will show 2 pictures of the ones that are Exposed to Direct Sunlight however today isn't very bright out today and since I first looked my White Samsung camera is now at 125.. 850 on the left and Samsung on the right..

Edit: I take that back I do have some White Amcrest cameras sorry forgot about my 1046EW-AI's are in white..
Temps.png
Temps.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 687 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

My 858 is using 12V power and is mounted on a 4x6 post.  It has almost constant direct sun exposure.
Today the sun is out with an occassional cloud.   Cam has been in full direct sun, no cloud, for several hours. 
Cam internal temp is 118°.  Outside temp is 86° with 49% humidity.
Two days ago, cam temp was 95°.  Outside temp was 69° wih 95% humidity.  Very light rain around.
Current 858 stats:
life.JPG
life.JPG (20.65 KiB) Viewed 680 times
I think the biggest difference, if any, between black vs. white  cameras would be when both have constant full sun, no clouds,  and hot outside temp. 
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you again for taking the time... Looking at today it is a very hot day and oddly not sure why the other day was different then today seeing while it was sunny out it wasn't as hot as it has been for the last few days.. Today being a cooler day then yesterday the camera is 111 at this time looking at my White camera also in same Direct sunlight only difference is that the White camera is on the side of the house that is Beige in color and the 850 is on my Shed almost 200 feet away that is on Brown powder coated flashing on lower side of a black roof so in truth of looking at what is going to be a hotter area in contrast it would be the 850.. I did a few days ago change the white camera from Auto to cool only mode and today while the 850 is now 113 the white camera same side with Direct sun light of the house and below the roof line by 15' that camera is 123 and it is starting to cool off with sun now going behind some clouds..
todaystemps.png
todaystemps.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 678 times
Be Safe.