4K PoE Bullet Camera Connection Issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Frustrated329

4K PoE Bullet Camera Connection Issues

Post by Frustrated329 »

Hello,

I am having trouble connecting to my Camera from Amcrest Surveillance Pro on my PC.

I have powered on my 4K PoE Camera, and connected it through a PoE Switch to my WiFi Router. I am able to use Amcrest View Pro on Android to connect P2P to the camera.

How do I determine the IP Address that I should be looking for in Surveillance Pro on my PC???

I have tried the "ConfigTool" and am only seeing a PC-NVR connection that never shows any video.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 4K PoE Bullet Camera Connection Issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So here are the top guess of what I would do if I can't find my Camera..

First look in my Routers Table of Ip that it has given out (You have said you can connect to your camera over P2P that means your router has accepted it)
Second, go to a Dos Prompt and type arp -g and or arp -a (looking for a IP address that has 9c or 4c mac addresses)
Third if that don't yield your results your looking for why not just use the P2P to connect to your ASP and camera?

So here is something that might have happen.. Computer and router are on IP 192.168.0.xxx however the Switch your using is setup as a DHCP Host and is giving out it's own IP's and these might be something like, 10.1.1.xxx or something outside the range of your normal computer network and p2p is able to work because the router is using the switches IP address for the translation..

Then if that is the case and the Switch is giving out IP addresses then you will need to log into the switch and find out what IP it was given, maybe need to setup Port Forwarding and or a DMZ to gain access to your normal network range...
Try to Avoid CCA Networking Cables They are JUNK PERIOD!
Where there is Life there is Hope
James
Frustrated329

Post by Frustrated329 »

Thanks for the ideas!

What I've found:
> arp -a and my Router's Device Table both report this devices mac address as the same IP Address.
> When I type the address I found into ASP, it won't connect to the camera.
> If I change from the devices actual password to admin/admin, ASP Connects, but changes to PC-NVR and doesn't display Video.
> I think the above findings disprove the notion that there is a separate IP for the PoE Switch. Maybe I'm wrong?
> I can connect to the camera via P2P on ASP, but I would really like to connect via the IP (I want to test connecting to the camera via other software that needs a working IP TCP Connection).

Any other ideas?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

PC-NVR is the virtual device setup by ASP on your PC when you installed ASP and opted to also install PC-NVR. Have you added PC-NVR as a device in ASP. In the ASP settings for PC-NVR you aslo need to add each of the IP cameras that is being monitored by PC-NVR.

I find NETSCANTOOLS BASIC EDTION together with NMAP (Zenmap GUI) very useful for discovering and diagnosing all the active IP addresses on my network.

edit subsequent to Revo2Maxx's next post - I'm not too sure now whether an installation of PC-NVR has it's own IP address or not (i.e. different from your PC). When I last re-installed ASP I didn't include PC-NVR so I can't test it.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK sadly you need to look at your Router table of IPs that it has given out if your Router supports that most now days do!

Again looking in the Router of connected items it should show the IP address of all connected items (However if you have more then 1 router or more then 1 device that gives out IP addresses then this isn't always true) let say

Router is 192.168.1.1 and gives out 2-254
computer is 192.168.1.4
POE Switch is 192.168.1.3

I am not sure.. I know that when I arp after installing a new camera that isn't Related to Hikvision or Dahua/Amcrest I use arp to find the missing camera that is on a Static IP outside of my Range.. So I wanted to show this picture using IP config tool and ARP mind you this isn't all of my cameras I have some that are in a different Router within my Network just isn't in this range to be picked up.. However looking at my IP Config tools you can see I have a camera that I did have connected to one of my POE NVR's I have this camera setup with a Static IP and because I have it connected to my Switch I am able to see it on my search.. In that list PC-NVR is my computer as Longedge has stated if you have added PC-NVR to your ASP it will come up in a search with your computers IP address that address will serve nothing outside of ASP... Depending on the age of the camera, 3c, 4c and 9c can come up as the first 2 letters of a Amcrest Mac Number.. Also looking at the ARP and Ip Config the IP config is better for showing what is what for cameras on your router.. Again I have other routers on my setup that are not showing up even on my ARP however I can access the cameras via P2P with out an issue.. I just don't have access to the IP of the device directly without connecting a cable to my main switch that lets me connect to the 10.1.23.xxx range..

If you need to, Maybe log into your Switch if it is a managed switch and see if it is giving out IP addresses..
Screenshot (576).png
Screenshot (576).png (157.03 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
James
Frustrated329

Post by Frustrated329 »

All,

Thanks so much for your help brainstorming. It seems the original IP that the Camera was set to was the culprit. I looked for other devices using the Camera's IP but didn't find any. I suspect maybe the IP of the Camera was reserved for something else but wasn't currently being used. That's my best guess anyway.
- I started to guess this when I noticed that entering my PC's IP and my Camera's IP resulted in a PC-NVR -type connection but made-up IPs did not.

Anyways, I used my P2P connection to configure the camera to a different IP, and everything started working.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear you got things working...

At times the cameras can come Static IP setup and some odd reason not DHCP enabled.. Normally that is 192.168.0.108 by manufacture. However I have had it 192.168.1.108 as well. Either way I have setup my computer with Multi IP's so I can make connections to any rogue camera that I might buy..

Oddly I found sometimes I have to use my NVR to find the IP of the camera and then I can use the IP it finds to make a change to the camera to my Network Range..

What is strange to me is that the Camera would work on your Network without being on your Routers Network pool of IP's Only thing I can think of is that the camera was granted a IP from the Switch and that IP is granted by the Router via the Switch. Outside of that I am at a loss.. No active Internet P2P can't connect.
James