4K PoE Bullet Camera - Can't Find

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Frustrated329

4K PoE Bullet Camera - Can't Find

Post by Frustrated329 »

Hello,

I have my 4K PoE IP Camera connected directly to my PC's ethernet port, but I can't find it using Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) or the IP Config Tool (ICT).

Any ideas on what I can do to help with this?

I don't have access to my router at work.

Further Information:
- Yesterday I set this camera up at home directly to my home router, and it worked. I had to use P2P connection to find it, that time, which I believe is impossible this time as connecting it to a PC Ethernet Port doesn't give it access to the internet (right?).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 4K PoE Bullet Camera - Can't Find

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So it is little hard to tell you more of what is needed other then this... (I have done this and I can Repeat this on all my cameras)

When connection to a PC is used and you want to make a connection to the cameras WebUI you will need to know 1 important thing. The Cameras IP address... This is important setup TIP when you connect to Router the first time Make sure to setup a IP address in the camera from DHCP to Static and remember the IP address..

So now lets say you have your camera in your Cabin that don't have access to a router, Just camera and Laptop or random desktop that stays at the cabin. Take cable and connect from camera to computers Ethernet port.. Without a Router I assume that you have already setup a Static IP for your computer!? What is needed when you setup the camera first time to Static IP is to setup the camera to a IP address that is in same range with Computer..

So for this case I am going to assume that you didn't setup a IP to static. And no you will not have INternet connecting this camera to your computer normally (I could)... SO I am going to assume that your camera is going to work off the Normal IP that is stated for a new non DHCP connection 192.168.0.108... What you will need to do is setup your computer to work within that Range.. So your computer should be 192.168.0.101 is a good start.. Subnet would be 255.255.255.0 and the Default Gateway would be 192.168.0.1 and should also be that way within the camera by default...

So if that is how things are going right now everything should work when you bring up IE or what ever Browser your using and type in the bar, 192.168.0.108 and the log in screen should come up.. However be it known.. I was told starting in 2019 or 2020 FW if you want to play back footage from a IP camera it needs to be connected to a INTERNET connection.. So I have personally changed most of my cameras back to FW that predates the 2019 JS fw... Doing this lets me have access to my footage with or without a Internet connection..
Be Safe.
Frustrated329

Re: 4K PoE Bullet Camera - Can't Find

Post by Frustrated329 »

You're what's good about the internet. Thank you so much!

My PC's connection was not set to a Static IP in the same range as the Camera.

From my first setup, I remembered the IP that I set the camera to, but that wasn't working, until I set my PC's Ethernet Connection to a static IP in the same range.

Example:
Original State:
- PC Ethernet IP: 192.169.53.1
- Camera IP: 192.168.0.108
- No Connection

Final State:
- PC Ethernet IP: 192.168.0.101
- Camer IP: 192.168.0.108
- Connection Achieved!

Thanks Again!