30 second delay on live video

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
johnwashington

30 second delay on live video

Post by johnwashington »

I view my Amcrest IP4M-1028EB live in Amcrest View Pro. The video has about a 30 second delay. I can walk in my front door and then look at the live video and see myself in the live video entering the house. I don't see any way to adjust the delay in the app or the camera settings. Is there something I can check to eliminate or reduce the delay?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 30 second delay on live video

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

I would double check the cameras settings in WebUI of the camera by using your browser, going to cameras IP address and then look at Encoding. If it is setup for h.265 change it to h.264h or something in that format. Outside of that it might be that the Bit Rate is to low. It is really hard to tell without seeing the setup for the camera.

Maybe contact Amcrest VIA a Ticket, After trying some of the things the first staff member tries to help with if it don't cure the issue maybe a nother one after it gets moved up could log into your computer and then log into your camera to check your settings. Had one do so 4+ years ago on a camera that was even out of Warranty.

Things you might have to do first, Reboot, Reset, replace cable, replace power supply if one is used and things that could first be tested by you and in the end could just come down to old buggy FW that you could even try to Re Install to see if that cures it.

Just some ideas
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 30 second delay on live video

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So something also to think about. Is Internet and network lag. If your using P2P and the issue is while your remote it might be an issue with P2P servers and or your Network/internet connection. THought I should bring that up after being brought up to me as well.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe