3 second delay/lag ip camera

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
PaulSko1

3 second delay/lag ip camera

Post by PaulSko1 »

Hello all,

I have a IP camera (IP8M-2696EW-AI) and that I am using with OBS Studio 27.0.1 and it works but there is about a 3 second delay on live video. I have ethernet running directly from internet modem.

I have attempted to go into Settings > Advanced > Stream Delay
and take the duration down to "1s" and unchecked the boxes but no avail. The IP Camera has a web console that is only about 1 second delay when looking at live video.

At the moment, I am able to get this working in OBS Studio under media source with a format of

rtsp://username:password@ipaddress:portnumber/

It does connect in OBS Studio

But does anyone recommend any other sources that maybe can turn the live feed delay from 3 seconds to 1 second
There is a web browser choice as well but believe you have to enter credentials every time to the IP camera's console in order for it to launch

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
longedge
Site Admin

Re: 3 second delay/lag ip camera

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I occasionally use VLC to capture the RTSP stream from my cameras but I've never considered whether there's any delay. It seems as if, on my system there is a 1 second delay as compared to what I see in the Amcrest Surveillance Pro monitor as shown in this screenshot with VLC on top of ASP. The parameters to display the stream in VLC are shown in the VLC window title.
delay.jpg
delay.jpg (130.93 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
PaulSko1

Re: 3 second delay/lag ip camera

Post by PaulSko1 »

longedge wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:07 pm Hello and welcome to the forum.

I occasionally use VLC to capture the RTSP stream from my cameras but I've never considered whether there's any delay. It seems as if, on my system there is a 1 second delay as compared to what I see in the Amcrest Surveillance Pro monitor as shown in this screenshot with VLC on top of ASP. The parameters to display the stream in VLC are shown in the VLC window title.

delay.jpg
Appreciate the reply, will look into VLC for live streaming. I have used Teams and had it connect to the OBS studio, decent but still a 3 second delay.