2 cameras lost

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lagrabow

2 cameras lost

Post by lagrabow »

I am having some trouble with 2 IP3M-943 cameras in wifi mode.
1st - they went black [no picture]with no error msg on window just an Amcrest symbol.
No amount of fiddling, rebooting would bring them back.
I took them down and hooked them to a cat cable and did a reset.
Opened up the IP Config tool and refreshed.
Neither of these cams showed on the IP Config screen.
Did a little searching and found that {just an idea} possibly the reset [of course] set the cams back to their original IP.
How do I get them to reappear on the IP Config screen? From there I think I can config them.
I had changed my router to an Asus and the IP numbers it is using are 192.168.50.xxx, which changed all my cam IP's.
I have forgotten what the original IP numbers are.
Is there a way to straighten this out?
Thanks
p,s, - I have submitted a ticket to Amcrest but other than telling me to reset the cam I have not heard back from them.
Although, to be fair I did not figure out what was wrong at that time and only asked about reset procedure.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
NVR - NV4108-HS with 1TB HDD
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 2 cameras lost

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Best way to resolve this is to take a Cable to connect to the camera, Then under setup, network, wifi click search, then make change to a new Router seeing from what I can tell you didn't make that change to the new SSID and the cameras can't log in to a network it don't know and this means that IP Config won't be able to tell you what the IP address are (They are not Connected)

Next way is as stated Doing a Factory Reset
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

Are you meaning Setup>Network>wifi in the NVR menu or the config tools menu? Thanks
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
NVR - NV4108-HS with 1TB HDD
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Talking about your camera menu after you connect the cable to the camera.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe