1080p ProHD won't record on Motion event, only manually

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
xenon2000

1080p ProHD won't record on Motion event, only manually

Post by xenon2000 »

I have a white 1080p ProHD with the latest firmware as of this post. Setup on Wireless. Storage is setup to record to NAS location. Manual video recordings work and show up on the NAS and I can play them back with the Amcrest Smart Player. But no matter how I try to setup the motion detection, it never records. For testing I am selecting the whole image and set the sensitivity to 100 and threshold to 0. I move around in front of it, and nothing.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: 1080p ProHD won't record on Motion event, only manually

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

Please ensure that that the below settings are done.

1) Go to Settings > Event > Video detection and make sure its enabled. Click on the Schedule and set up the schedule approppriately. Also seto up the detection area in the same page and check the 'Record' check box.

2) Go to Settings > Storage > Record Schedule and make sure that the 'Motion' is enabled and the schedule is set. Once done, you should see yellow lines on the schedule page. Save the settings.

3) Go to Settings > Storage > Detination and ensure that 'NAS' is checked under path.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Obeycamp222

Post by Obeycamp222 »

I'm having the exact same problem, except I don't have all the options that support is listing, or even all the options OP mentions for their camera. I have the Amcrest 1080 Pro indoor IP camera (IP2M-841)
Every time I get a notification for a motion event, despite having every setting properly done (motion sensing is enabled, the motion zone is my entire camera's view, sensitivity is at 100, anti-dither is at the minimum 0 seconds, delay is at the minimum 10 seconds, yet the motion event says the time is 00:00:00 and there is no video recording, and no snapshot. My camera's timestamp is correct as I've already sync'd the camera time. Live view works fine.

This is endlessly frustrating. What I now own is not a security camera, it's a motion detector I can choose to look through remotely and manually record only.

The push notification on my phone has the correct date and time.
Now only one notification shows up in the app where motion alerts used to record individually, but it always only one alert and it always says the date and time is 00/00 00:00:00.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Obeycamp222 Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry your having some problems. Can you confirm what 841 you own and the FW that it has installed on it? You don't need to provide SN as that isn't anyones business but yours and Amcrest....

Maybe include a Screen shot of your settings your referring to.

I would put the Motion Detect back to Default. 60 sensitivity and 5 threshold.

Also I would do these settings using the Windows Web UI not over your Phone.
Screenshot (196).png
Screenshot (196).png (136.42 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
Be Safe.
itzscott

Post by itzscott »

Same issue here. None of the recommended solutions have helped so far. So frustrating.
bit8bit

Post by bit8bit »

This is a widespread problem with almost all Amcrest cameras. At the present time I have almost 30 cameras spread over six different locations. They all react differently to motion sensing. But none of them in my opinion operates correctly. My doorbell camera activates all night long with a slight change even though I have it set a minimum sensing in the day it picks up cars hundreds of feet away traveling down the highway several hundred feet from my home. I have five of what they called the goliath cameras three of them won’t sense motion at all. The other two snowflakes bugs dust in the air rain the slightest light change activates them day and night so I constantly have activations this is in three different locations. I also have several of the 1080 indoor pan and tilt cameras some of them Will not sense motion at all others activate and don’t record I have one that activates and plays everything back in slow motion so a 30 second event takes five or six minutes to play back and watch. I have worked with Amcrest for hours and hours on the phone with them for hours and hours had them in my computer trying to adjust some of these cameras for hours and hours finally they just gave up tried to charge me a lot of money to return to newly purchased goliath cameras saying they don’t know what is wrong. I gave up trying to work with them completely. I think the cameras are highly overrated when it comes to motion sensing. The rest of the cameras features picture and reliability seems to be pretty good unfortunately their motion sensing is totally worthless in most cases. As a security motion sensor camera they don’t work and are not reliable.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

bit8bit wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:21 am This is a widespread problem with almost all Amcrest cameras. At the present time I have almost 30 cameras spread over six different locations. They all react differently to motion sensing. But none of them in my opinion operates correctly. My doorbell camera activates all night long with a slight change even though I have it set a minimum sensing in the day it picks up cars hundreds of feet away traveling down the highway several hundred feet from my home. I have five of what they called the goliath cameras three of them won’t sense motion at all. The other two snowflakes bugs dust in the air rain the slightest light change activates them day and night so I constantly have activations this is in three different locations. I also have several of the 1080 indoor pan and tilt cameras some of them Will not sense motion at all others activate and don’t record I have one that activates and plays everything back in slow motion so a 30 second event takes five or six minutes to play back and watch. I have worked with Amcrest for hours and hours on the phone with them for hours and hours had them in my computer trying to adjust some of these cameras for hours and hours finally they just gave up tried to charge me a lot of money to return to newly purchased goliath cameras saying they don’t know what is wrong. I gave up trying to work with them completely. I think the cameras are highly overrated when it comes to motion sensing. The rest of the cameras features picture and reliability seems to be pretty good unfortunately their motion sensing is totally worthless in most cases. As a security motion sensor camera they don’t work and are not reliable.
I suggest you keep all your cameras, and look for a new way to do motion detection in a way that works for you. It does not have to be in your cameras or in the cloud, and can be private.
I have eliminated false detections, only record events and issue alerts on objects I have specified that I want to see, and also record everything 24/7. I am using an indiegogo project device called Camect.
bit8bit

Post by bit8bit »

Well I agree with you I will obviously need to find some other means to get motion detection security around my home around the four other locations that I have already placed is very expensive cameras that advertise motion detection availability on them. Even worse the exterior cameras which have excellent zone good picture and otherwise operate fairly well and extremely expensive and excess of $350. I guess my question is Amcrest advertisers all of these cameras as fully functional security cameras with motion sensing including their doorbell I have had them replace the doorbell already I’m on the second one and this one is worse than the first one it constantly alerts to even the slightest change in light movement Day and night It constantly goes off-line has to be rebooted now again this morning I can’t even connect to it highly advertised motion sensing that no matter where you set the settings it does the same thing The part that bothers me the worst is I have spent thousands of dollars purchasing these cameras that don’t do what they say they’ll do.

I can get a much cheaper camera if I just want to look outside and see what’s going on but without effective motion sensing the high price expensive prices they put on these things are just not worth it. And then to send them back even when they’re almost new they want to charge you shipping to fix a problem that they are unable to fix as I said I’ve spent hours and hours and hours with the representative and they were unable to cure the problem.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting.. I can't speak about your Cameras or your setup.. Sadly it is hard to pin point an issue to constant Motion.. However while under most days other then today lol I don't have many days that I get false triggers.. Sure the Doorbell after the last Update I did have Crazy 100 triggers from nothing.. Today it is windy and more birds are out and all my systems are acting up.. I mean Recorders as i have some outside of Amcrest and even some of them are getting false alerts right now.. Either Birds or limbs getting into my Grids because I have my Grids set to get the area without limbs setting off the motion however loads of Wind to day limbs bending over into Grid area.. One of my Systems I have on Motion Pop up so when an area I have setup that should have no motion gets motion it pops up the Channel on Screen so I can monitor it.. On that 16ch unit only 2 ch are set that way 4 and 15 and today had 2 on both pop up with no action there lol..

Ok so here is something that might be outside of the Scope of Amcrest Support staff as it might not be something common but can happen...

First Type of cameras your working with? IP? Wired or Wifi? POE or Bring your own power? Age of system?

So now for the out of normal line of Questioning as I am sure it isn't to much of an issue today.. But is there any Noise in the CCTV line? One of the issues that I have found with false alerts as long as people didn't change the settings is the line noise is the cause.. This can be because the cable is ran across some Power wires in the crawl space or attic and or even maybe running though the wall or down the wall with power lines in the same area and picking up noise.. Also at times you can have a bad cable that can introduce noise into the lines.. This noise can at times be thought as motion...

So while it is hard to say why something going crazy However I can tell you that if you have Shadows limbs or grass you will want to set your Grid away from that area... I would change all motion back to Default and start over.. I would work with 1 or 2 cameras at a time to track down the problem areas and Grid around that areas.. If you live in an area that has loads of Traffic and the sun and windshield flash your camera all the time your going to have issues...

For me it matters more then others to a degree because I am using my recorders to Record 24/7 and Motion my FTP servers Motion events.. so it does matter or I will have a FULL HDD of worthless backup files.. However for me my Recorders are setup for 24/7 recording because there was a time when I lost one of my 1400 Recorders that I had setup on Motion and I didn't know what happen leading up to the cameras fail.. Say loss but I mean when it blew up the Power Regulator and a cap... I have since Repaired it but I went from a Full Motion only recording to full time since just so I know when and what if something happens like that again..
Be Safe.
bit8bit

Post by bit8bit »

It is true 24/7 recording would be much easer. But a bit out of the question when dealing with five different locations and distances between cameras that either prohibit cable links or just can’t be reached. Also if I wanted or would have gone with hard wire cameras and cables it would have been thousands of dollars cheaper. Not using cameras costing $400.00 or more. My whole point is Amcrest advertising says it has security motion detection on there cameras. They are all Amcrest WiFi camera’s suggested by Amcrest. For the many different locations And many many hrs on the phone and computer with live Amcrest technicians trying to get the motion detection parts of the cameras to work.
Out of the 30 plus cameras on line I have six that I can say provide somewhat reliable coverage, and that is as long as I don’t mind the dozens of false events setting alerts off.
Bugs, dust lights from hundreds of feet away even reflecting of fences houses or even a stationary swing set.
It certainly is not something you want to leave activated at night while you’re trying to sleep. The cameras themselves have fairly good quality and a pretty good picture and seem to be fairly reliable in the last three or four years or 30 cameras in service I’ve only had four or five of them fail but when Amcrest
offers to let me send in two brand new ones that will cost me several hundred dollars to take down and put up new ones and then charge me an additional $60 shipping on top of that I think that’s unreasonable. For a dependable security motion sensing situation it is a very poor choice