1080p POE Dome camera locks up on HD feed

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DaddyPhatSaks

1080p POE Dome camera locks up on HD feed

Post by DaddyPhatSaks »

Hi, I have 4 IP2M-844E cams and am having a problem with one location. Notice I said location and not camera. I have one cam that's on a 100ft Ethernet cable and the feed will lock up after a few seconds when trying to view the HD feed on the Amcrest app, on my phone and tablet, local or remote. SD feed works fine. Feed directly from the camera on my computer works fine. All other cams I have that are on shorter runs work fine. Let me attempt to explain everything I have troubleshooted.

First thing I did was swap the camera with another one that I have. It does the same thing. When placing the original cam that was having problems at a different location, no issues. So its not the camera. The cable i ran is a solid copper cat5e at 100ft. I tested the cable with a tester, no issues. I cut both ends off, put new rj45s on, tested cable again, hooked up camera, didn't solve issue. So I figured it had to be the cable or my switch. I bought a brand new poe switch, same issue.

I bought a cat 6 cable off amazon, left the rj45s on and ran it across my attic to test. Same issue. So now I have 2 100 ft cables going to same location so I took the original camera that was having problems and hooked it up to the original cable, with the camera just sitting in my attic for testing purposes. It works without a hitch. The camera that is mounted to the outside of the house, on new cat 6, still locks up.

It has to be the feed/image right? I mean the original cam that was having problems, hooked to my original cable, that is sitting in my attic staring at the rafters works fine, I can watch it all day long in HD. The camera that is mounted outside on my eve over looking my driveway still locks up.

The strange thing is if i reboot the camera or when I'm swapping cables and what not, will work for the rest of the day. The next day is when it starts locking up.

I tried changing the camera to Fluency mode, didn't help.

I am out of options to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-01-25-17-35-06.png
Screenshot_2017-01-25-17-35-06.png (2.67 MiB) Viewed 384 times
DaddyPhatSaks

Re: 1080p POE Dome camera locks up on HD feed

Post by DaddyPhatSaks »

Talked to tech support, he didnt understand what I was saying. Blamed it on network issue. I work in IT, I know what im doing. I have plenty of bandwidth, can stream hd feed from all my cameras remotely fine, all day long.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello DaddyPhatSaks,

This appears strange. So issue only occurs when a camera is mounted under eve? Not sure what the issue is but it can be a combination of camera mounting on a metal surface + 100 feet cable. We have seen some other brand IP cams having issues with POE when mounted on a metal surface.

Another thought is lower the resolution of the mainstream of the camera and the bitrate etc to see if that helps.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

DaddyPhatSaks

Post by DaddyPhatSaks »

Maybe I will try a shielded cable/make some adjustments and let you know. Thanks.
kayayuu

Post by kayayuu »

I'm also having issues over 100 ft of cable, hanging under eve but mounted to wood. Similarly working under many other conditions. Did you ever find a solution?