1046EW-AI Camera Silica Gel packets change out

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

1046EW-AI Camera Silica Gel packets change out

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I know not many if any make changes to the Gel Packets that came with your cameras. Because of the area that I live in I have to every year or two. If I don't the lens will fog up and I won't be seeing much at night or humid days..

So it is time to do the swap of my 1046EW-AI camera. This camera has 3 in total.

Word of Caution! The camera will need to be taken apart to change them

This camera has a removable plastic cover with a slot where you will unclip it from the top of the unit. It isn't taped or glued in it is pure friction fit. After removing this cover it will reveal 4 Screws, (There are 4 LED glass windows the 2 showing and (2 hidden they are empty)) Remove the 4 screws and slide the front forward. Then you will need to unclip the 40pin ribbon cable, and 4 pin wire clip for Leds, set camera and front aside. First gel packet can be seen at this area, You will need to remove the 2 small screws that is holding the Micro SD card and reset button, If you don't you will not be able to pull out the Power Board and main CPU for the camera, I left the cable connected just set it aside being careful that it is there, Now remove the 2 screws that is holding the system boards and in there is another 2 Gel packets. Please note that you might want to remove the wires connecting the board to the body. However I didn't do this. I just pulled the unit out, Removed the 2 screws that hold the Power Board to the bracket, this will give way to the 2 Gel packets that are not only taped in but sandwiched between the boards. I did only install 2 packets back into the camera. The packets I used is same size as the 2 that was there and then 1 of the packets I put area of Micro SD is same size as the one that was there. Because I do this often I have multi sized Gel Packets.

The hardest part was getting the board mount lined back up and the 2 screws back in and is why I say you might want to take the wires off the board and remove the unit 100% from the body. Also taking the 3 screws out of the power board to the mount isn't needed that is why I said just take out the 2 screws that hold the mount to the main mount..

When installing it back after attaching the Power Board bracket to the mount, be careful to slide the mount back into the body lifting up on the Micro SD slot and reset button board because if you don't there isn't enough slack from Ribbon and will damage it. Also when sliding it back into body (the Mount) you will need to lift it slightly to get it to slide all the way back making sure not to pinch any of the cables or ribbons. Put the 2 screws back to hold mount, then 2 screws that hold the MSD card to mount and then connect the 40pin ribbon back to the camera sensor board and the wires for the LEDS.. Slide back into the body and screw the 4 screws back in, place bottom of the cover in first and snap into the top.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe