"User Does Not Exist" -1080 HD

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Damion45

"User Does Not Exist" -1080 HD

Post by Damion45 »

I have spent two days by myself and gave up on two tech phone on- hold waits. IT shouldn't be such a secret.

Following the Quick Start Guide (Joke);
I couldn't use the QR Code as my phone isn't that smart. So I got a magnifying glass and tried to copy the numbers, With my old eyes and difficulty in distinguishing between "0" and "O", I was finally of the belief that I got it right as I could go forward.
Then multiple times to enter the wifi (router) password. I clearly know its number.
Happy was I as the camera was connecting to the wifi...until it announced "USER DOES NOT EXIST". Well that is exactly how I feel. I can bring up the screen but of course no one's home. I don't exist. Other than finding other people on the internet who are just as angry as I, no one has a solution.

PS and had I got to that next page, why should I again enter a password? I just entered one a page ago. Geez

PPS 60 second set up. That is really outrageous. Maybe to get it all out of the box.
Oendaril

Re: "User Does Not Exist" -1080 HD

Post by Oendaril »

Default user for the camera should be admin/admin. Is that what you entered for the setup? Once you get the camera connected to your wifi network and it successfully connects, it will ask you to change the admin account on the camera off of its default password because it's extremely insecure to leave it as admin/admin.
Damion45

Post by Damion45 »

Thank You Oendaril! That worked. I was able to get on both my cell phone and Desktop. Feeling good.
So this morning I was going to connect my tablet, but I couldn't gain access to to the IP Config...unable to connect! Then I tried my cell phone...unable to connect. Here we go again! After many failed attempts, I shut everything down and rebooted. Now when I tried to open Desktop's IP Config a window said access is blocked, and I couldn't check the box allowing program to open on my private computer. I closed it and then all My programs were frozen and wouldn't open. I rebooted the PC and then uninstalled the IP Config program. I then uninstalled the cell phone connection to the camera. After reinstalling (the correct way this time!), I can sign on from the cell phone (only).
Any idea what is happening here?
Thanks again.
thetondres

Post by thetondres »

I am getting the same thing as Damion45. Can someone please help before I return this junk??? Pretty sure I did everything correctly (admin/admin username/password - changed that already), but upon clicking the eye icon, it keeps on saying account does not exist. It seems like this problem keeps on coming up for a lot of users, why has this company not addressed this bug in their system???? I'm incredibly frustrated as I have been trying to get this set up for the past HOUR, even though it says that this is supposed to be a 60 second set up!!! :x
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello thetondres,

I am not sure how you are setting this up but i would suggest you hard reset the camera and try again. For this, you need to press and hold the indicator light on the back of the camera for 10 - 15 seconds. The light will turn red and the camera will do its initial pan/tilt after this. Try setting up the camera on the phone first. The default username and password for the camera is admin and you will be prompter to change this at first login. Please contact us by phone if you are still having issues.

https://amcrest.com/contact-us/
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us