"No Recording" Error Message

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
itzscott

Re: "No Recording" Error Message

Post by itzscott »

I bought 3 off these cameras. The first two perform flawlessly with notifications sending links to video clips that play. The third one send me the motion notification and then says "No Recording". But the video is recorded and the sd card when i go to the playback section on a different tab I can see the video. But it will NEVER pull up from the notification. There are multiple people on here with this issue and it doesn't seem like there is a final solution that I can find. The setting of the Date/Time to the recommended format does Not resolve my problem. I suspect I may need to send this one back. Has anyone had luck getting fixing this problem one it occurs?
Tweeky115

Post by Tweeky115 »

Has there been a solution to this yet? My cameras have worked fine for months now. All of a sudden, anytime motion is recorded, I still get a notification on my phone for the app, but when I click on it, it opens the app and says “no recording ipc”
It’s only for one of my three cameras.
Please help!
I contacted a tech gal through Amcrest and after over an hour, she couldn’t help. What’s the point of having cameras if they don’t record!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Tweeky115 Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

While I can't say there is seeing there is a lot of factors that are in play....

So far I know you have a IP Camera... What kind? What FW is on it... Are you recording to the MSD on the Camera or some other way?

Is it the same Camera as the others that are working????

I would say EXPORT the working camera Config and Import into your Non recording camera... This is if it is the same Camera.... Also would need to have like cards... Then after the Import you can go and tweak what ever is needed that would be different like your Motion Grid and Name of the camera and what not.... I don't even know if it is an option however if it is I would try that for sure....

Then the Camera if recording to self... have you Logged into the WebUI and Looked at the Card? maybe it is bad they don't last forever....

Having this issue could be more then just Camera issue... Network issue. cable issue, Router needs to be reboot. Modem needs reboot there are many many things that it could be....

Also is the PUSH or is it Email... There are so many different things that again could happen once it got IoT....
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
syncme

Post by syncme »

For me, the issue was with my SD card:

From the web app, go to setup -> storage -> destination -> change the top tab to "sd card".

From here, you can see the Status of your SD Card. Mine was in "error" status.

click format -> reboot camera. That should fix it!