"Input Abnormality" alarm - what is it?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
CampHamp

"Input Abnormality" alarm - what is it?

Post by CampHamp »

Alarm Event: Input Abnormality
Alarm Input Channel: 1

That's the header info in email alarm I get. I have video and audio events enabled.

Does anybody know what this means? I cannot find any info in manual or Knowledgebase about it...

Thanks.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: "Input Abnormality" alarm - what is it?

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Under the settings there a place where you can set up email alerts for abnormal situations such as no SD card or SD card error. If this is a DVR, you might get this when there is no signal from a particular channel. You can turn of this feature if you do not wish to receive emails on this.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

CampHamp

Post by CampHamp »

Thanks, Melvin.

I had turned off all 3 SD Card types, both Network types and the one under illegal access -- nothing checked. So this isn't the cause in my case, unless the settings aren't displaying properly.

I tried turning off video detection (still got emails) then disabled audio events and the alarm finally stopped. So it must have something to do with the audio channel. Could this indicate a H/W malfunction on this camera? Is there any logging that can be used to flag what triggers an event?

Thanks again...

Jamie
rishi211

Post by rishi211 »

I am having the same issue on mine. When I turn off audio alarming it stops sending me the input Abnormality. Any solution to this?

Thanks,
Rishi
smeredith

Post by smeredith »

I am also having trouble with audio triggers. I see "input abnormal" events in the system log and recording begins but there has been no actual audio event.

Time: 2016-01-09 23:56:53
User Name: System
Type: Event Begin
Content: Channel NO.: 1
Event Type: Input Abnormal
muddharryf

Post by muddharryf »

Same issue here - input abnormal and triggers recording with no audio event.
ikecam

Post by ikecam »

Input Abnormality......with 500 emails?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
For the IP camera, under set up> Event > Abnormality there is an option to send emails alerts on abnormal events like network or sd card error and Illegal access. Please go this setting and make sure you have not enabled these events with the wrong settings.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

ikecam

Post by ikecam »

Event > Abnormality there is an option to send emails alerts on abnormal events like network or sd card error and Illegal access. Please go this setting and make sure you have not enabled these events with the wrong settings......been there, done that......same abnormality emails, I think it is a software problem after the last software update.
mwon095

Post by mwon095 »

Yes I can confirm this is also happening on my camera. I believe it has to do with the Microphone Volume setting under Camera -> Audio. If i set the volume low (<50) the Input Abnormality alarm occurs and if I set it higher the alarm goes away. Therefore I think it has do with if the mic volume is set too low the camera software may be detecting that there is an issue with the mic as it sees "no signal" hence Input Abnormality.

Also the Send email feature does not seem to work unless I select Snapshot option to be on as well. Does anyone else experience this?