Why am I asked to reset my password every time I login

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
mupimohan

Why am I asked to reset my password every time I login

Post by mupimohan »

Every time I login, I am asked to change my password. Even if I do, it goes into a loop and keeps asking. I cant recall what I did last time to kill the loop. Each time I have to do some trick to get out.

Why should I reset my password everytime I login? If I have to do it every few weeks or so, I dont mind.

BTW this is not for the camera. This is for logging into the Amcrest forum account
mupimohan

Re: Why am I asked to reset my password every time I login

Post by mupimohan »

Anyone?
James.S

Post by James.S »

I am sorry for the late response I did not see this as it was Not posted in the proper area.

I will look into the issues on your account,

Please provide me with the browser name and browser version you are using.

(Moving Topic)
James.S

Post by James.S »

I am unsure why it is asking you to change it every time you log in, perhaps this was exaggerated.

Here are the logs I see from my end to confirm:
Login attempts.PNG
Login attempts.PNG (10.19 KiB) Viewed 895 times

At this time the time set to change the password for ALL Users was 30 days, I have adjusted this at the time of this post to increase the time to 180 days ( Roughly 6 Months ) to reduce customer inconvenience of changing password often.

If you run into any more issues please send me a Private Message.

Kind Regards

James
wickedstangs

Post by wickedstangs »

James every thought of upgrading this legacy forum software to Xenforo?
James.S

Post by James.S »

wickedstangs wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 pm James every thought of upgrading this legacy forum software to Xenforo?
This is a good idea however at this time I am still trying to get the Forum to grow a bit more, From there we can look into upgrades.
wickedstangs

Post by wickedstangs »

James.S wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 am
wickedstangs wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 pm James every thought of upgrading this legacy forum software to Xenforo?
This is a good idea however at this time I am still trying to get the Forum to grow a bit more, From there we can look into upgrades.
Its probably due to the forum.. I own 8 forums.