Where to download firmware

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
someone

Where to download firmware

Post by someone »

This is probably a stupid question, but amcrest seems to have hidden it.

I just bought an my first amcrest ip camera, and I'm trying to find the latest firmware to see if I need to upgrade. Problem is, everything keeps taking me back to amcrest.com/firmware-subscribe, and I can't get past that page. Is there a direct link to a part of the site that actually has firmware?

Thanks,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Where to download firmware

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Yes you would think after adding your email once that would be good but having to do it everytime seems like no fun..

https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads

Hope you find your Cameras fw.. Just remember that 2019 and 2020 FW once it goes there you can't go back.. If you want a FW of the last Stable non JS FW, Then make sure your camera can access the Internet, make sure then DNS has a good server or 2 listed the ones I use is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ... Then when you go to your setup and ask the camera about FW if there was one newer then your before the ones made in 2019 and 2020 then it will update to that one... LIke one of my 841's has 2015 FW loaded after installing the DNS it says there is new FW of 009 to 011 and the 011 is from 2017..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
someone

Re: Where to download firmware

Post by someone »

That worked, thanks.