Weather Underground

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Brcruisen

Weather Underground

Post by Brcruisen »

Hi all,

Weather Underground advises I must set up my new IMP-722s to send pictures to webcam.wunderground.com. How is this achieved? I have yet to find a menu to allow this.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Weather Underground

Post by Melvin »

Hello Brcruisen ,

Not sure how exactly they want it. You can pull snapshot from the camera using CGI commands or have the camera upload images to FTP on a schedule. So if webcam.wunderground.com has an FTP address this can be achieved. Please give us a call once you find out how exactly it should send the pictures.

https://amcrest.com/contacts
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Skijackz

Post by Skijackz »

Hi Brcruisen:

I setup Amcrest to send a picture to WUnderground via FTP. Only issue is that Amcrest doesn't accept an URL for an FTP so you have to find the IP address for webcam.wunderground.com. That's pretty easy using PING but here it is just in case you need it. 54.148.11.142. Note that if your camera goes offline, check the IP address for the webcam before doing anything else. WUnderground can change it at any time.

It would be nice if Amcrest would update the software and allow URLs for FTP sites. Then we wouldn't have to worry about WUnderground changing them.
mnjclark

Post by mnjclark »

How do you get your snapshots small enough for weather underground to accept them?
duke69111

Post by duke69111 »

Skijackz wrote:Hi Brcruisen:

I setup Amcrest to send a picture to WUnderground via FTP. Only issue is that Amcrest doesn't accept an URL for an FTP so you have to find the IP address for webcam.wunderground.com. That's pretty easy using PING but here it is just in case you need it. 54.148.11.142. Note that if your camera goes offline, check the IP address for the webcam before doing anything else. WUnderground can change it at any time.

It would be nice if Amcrest would update the software and allow URLs for FTP sites. Then we wouldn't have to worry about WUnderground changing them.
Any chance you could post a screenshot of the settings on the different screens that you use? I think I have it set up correctly based on a ping of the webcam.wunderground.com address, but it keeps failing.
Attachments
Ping Screenshot
Ping Screenshot
Ping screenshot.JPG (74.98 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
FTP Screenshot
FTP Screenshot
Screenshot.JPG (37.07 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

Note that WU are currently in the middle of a rather painful upgrade from their old code base to an entirely new code base, and many things aren't working as expected. If you find you're having problems you may want to wait a few weeks until things are going a bit better for them.
duke69111

Post by duke69111 »

plusfour wrote:Note that WU are currently in the middle of a rather painful upgrade from their old code base to an entirely new code base, and many things aren't working as expected. If you find you're having problems you may want to wait a few weeks until things are going a bit better for them.
Ah, ok. That's good to know. Thanks.

I thought that maybe based on the 100% packet loss from the ping test that maybe the site was down; however I'm not at all familiar with ping data.