Very POOR customer service experience

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
tstone3

Very POOR customer service experience

Post by tstone3 »

To whom it may concern,
I am posting here as I have been dealing with customer support for over a month and a half now and still have no resolution to the problems I am having on my less than 3 month old 16 channel system. In fact, my ticket was supposedly escalated last week and I was promised a call back from Luis Mena and have yet to receive that call back. This does not surprise me as my last several emails to Luis and Mario in support have gone unanswered. I am not sure if this is the norm, but quite disappointed to say the least.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of customer support? I have email thread to support all this...
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Very POOR customer service experience

Post by Melvin »

Hello tstone3,

I understand how frustrating that can be.
Can you PM me your email address and contact number? I can have our support team take care of the issue.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

junior466

Post by junior466 »

tstone3 wrote:To whom it may concern,
I am posting here as I have been dealing with customer support for over a month and a half now and still have no resolution to the problems I am having on my less than 3 month old 16 channel system. In fact, my ticket was supposedly escalated last week and I was promised a call back from Luis Mena and have yet to receive that call back. This does not surprise me as my last several emails to Luis and Mario in support have gone unanswered. I am not sure if this is the norm, but quite disappointed to say the least.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of customer support? I have email thread to support all this...
I too had the worst experience the other day. Unfortunately they do not care. Sad.
shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

buying this camera has been the WORST purchase decision I have made in MANY MANY years.
Zero Support....no updates....something as simple as adding a freakin widget button on your phone to enable and disable the motion detection seems to be out of their possibilities to achieve.
How ridiculous that to disable the motion detection I need to do so many steps in the app? Literally my wife and I just decided to place it on the kitchen countertop and face it against the wall when we get home.
Thanks for caring!!!! I am more than happy to tell the world about this terrific experience so nobody makes the same mistake.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello shaolin95,

Sorry to hear about this. Our recent app update has added a configuration center option for better access to motion detection settings. Please let us know if you are still having issues and we would be glad to help.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

tstone3

Post by tstone3 »

Melvin,
I am not sure how to PM you, but as I stated in my original post, I "had" been working with Mario originally and then Luis and now neither of them will return any of my emails. If you can send me your contact information, I will gladly discuss this further with you and hopefully we can get some resolution to this matter. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I surely am not getting it from Technical Support as you are suggesting to me.

Thank you,
shabuboy

Post by shabuboy »

"Is anyone else experiencing this type of customer support? I have email thread to support all this..."

Sadly yes, support has been terrible. In my case I asked for the right syntax in API calls just to be ignored about a week at this point. And I was referencing their very own Amcrest API PDF file.

I am a new customer and seriously doubting about this camera now. Having issues remotely which in my case would make it unreliable for a remote vacation rental. Still in the return period so will not be surprise if I do send it back...

If you are located at the same place as camera aka LAN, then it might not be a big issue.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello tstone3,

To send a PM, after logging in to the forum go to user control panel on the top left > Click private messages >
Compose. If its not letting you, you could atleast check messages in your PM inbox. I have sent a message for you.

tstone3

Post by tstone3 »

Email has been sent per your PM Melvin, we will see how this goes. I won't hold my breath at this point as the customer service with Mario and Luis has been terrible with the lack of response to emails. Thank you for trying...
CamMan

Post by CamMan »

As a fellow customer I can tell you that you are not alone in this issue. I've been trying to resolve issues over that past two months, hitting the same brick wall you folks have. I actually called the help line they sent me in an email several times and spoke with someone twice who does not seem to hear me when I answer his questions. To his credit, when I pointed this out he actually got someone to call me that sounded sincere in wanting to address the issue. He, at least, heard me answer his questions, though he was unable to help me either. He promised a call back and actually asked a preferred time...I responded by telling him to have them call me when it was most convenient for them, as I was expecting to be at home all day. That gave me hope, only to have that hope fade over the last several weeks as no one called me again or replied to any more of my emails...On June 29th I sent an email and received no response, I followed that up with another email and again did not receive a response. I made the latest call (referenced) after having sent those two emails.

I've never joined a forum till now, and only in hopes of getting help with my issue. In that vein, so you can be aware of potential problems and so maybe someone reading this could help, here is my latest issue:

I updated two cameras, IP3M and IP4M bullet cameras, with their respective June 15th released firmware. This was on or about June 28th. The cameras are recording just fine, as they were before, but the Smart Play software rarely allows me to view the newly recorded video anymore since I applied the firmware updates to the cameras. This effectively makes the cameras useless to me...I may as well have spent money on dummy cameras as opposed to having spent nearly $250 on cameras to record video I cannot even view with the software provided by Amcrest for viewing the video. Obviously I'm quite disturbed by this. Even so, I've withheld reviewing the cameras on Amazon, where I made my purchase, because in good faith I wanted to give Amcrest an opportunity to step up and resolve my issue. I had been considering purchasing more equipment over the last couple months, but have put it off pending resolution of this matter. As I've said, I've not joined a forum such as this before...I guess I've not been disappointed by a company like this before.

I'm hoping you step up Amcrest...How about it?