Very POOR customer service experience

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
dwightmstone

Re: Very POOR customer service experience

Post by dwightmstone »

I agree useless customer service
alex09

Post by alex09 »

I agree and the stupid sales chat thing on the website is annoying.

I have two tickets and no real answer, other than there will be a firmware update, but no date. Random support people reply with basic first level support responses. Request for escalation is met with no reply.

Glad I bought only 1 camera to test with. The rest of the cameras will be purchased from some other vendor.

I have never written a review on Amazon, however this service is so bad, that I feel it is my duty to warn others.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello alex09 ,

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you can describe the issue or mention your ticket number I can definitely try and help.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

alex09

Post by alex09 »

Please reference this thread.

https://amcrest.com/forum/technical-dis ... t1247.html

Here's the ticket numbers - 89845, 90545

Thank you.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello alex09 ,

Thank you for the information. The expired certificate issue with https has been forwarded to our R&D department. There will be a fix for this soon though I do not have an exact time frame. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

alex09

Post by alex09 »

Any update on fixing SSL ?
itskamel

Post by itskamel »

funny i found this thread. I called support yesterday waited a 45min on hold. talked to someone, kept putting me on hold, remoted into my pc reset the cameras, didnt fix the problem told me it was fixed, blamed my 300 down 30 up internet connection, when the problem is on the local network. (hahaha) and told me to call back some time if i have problems. I said the problem i have now is not fixed and your letting me go. he says thanks for calling! what a joke.
menaice

Post by menaice »

WoW, i am sure glad i came by the forums.....
I understand nothing is perfect and you can't please everyone, but to see an on-going issues this long with customer support. I would have thought this would be top priority, as business owner you always put people before product no matter what. Clearly this isn't happening. I just picked up a new client that has an RV park 14 acres and was almost done putting together the quote for the equipment. It would have been a large order as well. Literally my last step was to call you guys on Monday to talk about my project. There is no way i could commit to a company lacking on customer service. He easily needs 25 cameras indoor and outdoor along with a camera over looking the water for public viewing. I would look like a right ass if he drops all this money on a full surveillance system hooked into an already top of the line Qnap server for NVR and i couldn't get issues sorted within a few days.

Nope.jpg Not gonna happen.

Sorry Amcrest maybe you should spend more money and resources on customer support and customer retention then pushing products. If the product is quality to begin with... it sells itself.

BTW this is just 1 of his RV parks, he owns 9 of them. -.- I can't afford to mess this up
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You can also ask for a senior technician if you are not happy with the first level reps. Probably some of you might have spoken to a less experienced tech.

David Bird

Post by David Bird »

None of the support guys are able to give you instructions. They just want to log into your system, do what they need to do, log out, and they're gone. Forget asking a question and getting a coherent answer. If you're setting up a camera/router/computer without an internet connection, GFL! NEVER, EVER AGAIN! I plan to inform everyone I can how badly this company SUCKS!